forty-two

10 minutes before

"my lovely aera," seokmin called out, aera mentally rolled her eyes and looked up from her phone.

"what do you want," aera deadpanned only to be taken aback as seokmin pushed her back against the tree trunk she was leaning on.

"now," seokmin started as he held his switchblade and pressed the point of the object against aera's abdomen.

aera felt her breath hitch, the shock caused by seokmin froze her nerves.

"if you don't want me to hurt soobin the way i hurt mark lee, i suggest you do as i say," seokmin licked his lips hungrily at the girl he held in his grasp.

"i'm so sorry soobin," aera thought to herself as tears rolled down her cheeks, nodding weakly in response to seokmin's threats.

-

so there stood aera, her heart breaking with every passing moment her lips were on seokmin.

she knew soobin had already seen them. a mixture of fear and hurt took over her weak self after she had pulled away from seokmin.

she looked over to soobin, her tears ready to spill out of her eyes once she saw the broken boy standing at the entrance.

soobin turned away, shaking his head as he walked past aera and out of the school compounds.

seokmin twirled a strand of aera's hair around his index finger as he beamed proudly.

minji smirked as she walked back into the school, feeling a sense of accomplishment.

she beamed happily as she greeted jaemin, jeno and mark, who walked towards the school doors but was only brushed off when she greeted them.

she noticed their facial expressions change and turned around to see them shooting angsty glares at seokmin.

"the fuck are you doing here?" jaemin shouted angrily at seokmin who was continuously getting touchy with aera.

mark furrowed his brows and turned back to see minji, who was seething in anger. the doe-eyed boy connected the dots and realised the pair had already stirred up trouble.

"i'm here to see my girlfriend, of course!" seokmin said with delight as he harshly grabbed aera's waist.

aera's eyes pleaded help as she looked at the three boys in front of her.

"fuck you mean? she's dating soobin, fuck off sockmin," jeno gritted angrily, his fist ready to punch the older boy anytime sooner.

seokmin only laughed as he continued roaming his grip tightened on aera's waist, his fingertips digging into her skin.

"leave her alone seokmin, she's clearly uncomfortable," mark finally spoke up causing seokmin's expression to fall.

"mind your own business pig," seokmin deadpanned as his other hand held his switchblade.

fortunately, mark noticed this but kept his composure until the time was right to kick it out of his grasp.

"i know what you and minji planned," mark started causing the golden trio to look at the two brothers with confusion.

"so what if you did? you're a pig, you're too slow to react. soobin had already left! minji's plan worked!" seokmin retorted back with a cocky grin.

"let her go seokmin. this is your last chance," mark spoke in a low voice, his patience on the verge of wearing out after hearing seokmin's comments.

aera squirmed under seokmin's embrace causing jeno and jaemin to run to her aid. however, seokmin held out his switchblade, pointed to both jeno and jaemin.

"i said, to fucking let aera go!" mark finally  exploded before harshly pushing seokmin away from aera.

aera shakily ran into jaemin and jeno's arms while witnessing mark lee beating the living shit out of seokmin.

seokmin's switchblade had been kicked out of the way, leaving the older boy under the mercy of his raging younger brother.

minji, who had witnessed the scene from afar, had fled. shit was about to go down for her as well as for seokmin.

mark threw one last punch at his older brother before slowly standing up, his hands bruised but a grin was plastered on his face.

"m-mark," aera stuttered one between tears as her two bestfriends protectively embraced her.

"what are friends for aera?"

contentment finally eased into mark's heart, the doe-eyed boy was proud of himself for finally standing up to his brother; especially standing up for his friends.

-

anyways, I LOVE MARK 😌💕

don't worry, u'll see more soobin and aera in the later chapters ❤️🧚🏻✨

ALSO THIS BOOK IS RANKED #1 on #soobin?!?! what the frick i love u guys 😭❤️😭❤️