thirty-two

once they reached soobin's house, soobin slumped towards the bathroom and hurled in the toilet bowl again.

"what the hell happened soobin?" aera frantically asked as she quickly prepared a towel and a basin with cold water.

"i vomit when i have fever," soobin muttered in between his raspy breathing before hurling again.

aera knelt down beside the puking boy and rubbed his back comfortingly. she looked at him with worry, feeling the sudden urge to cry.

soobin flushed the toilet and grabbed a few pieces of tissue to wipe his mouth. he slumped against the wall tiredly, his body continuing to burn up as he shivered.

"come on soobin," aera softly said as she helped the fatigued boy up.

they made their way to his bedroom with trudged footsteps. aera quickly found some towels and spread them on top of his bed, afraid he might puke again.

"just lie down okay? god, are you even eating properly? you probably didn't sleep early did you?" aera started nagging as soobin tiredly lay on his bed.

aera looked at soobin, who remained quiet as he clutched his hoodie closer to him.

aera sighed as she squeezed the cold, wet towel before gently dabbing it on the dimpled boy's face.

"um, i need to take off your hoodie. you're burning up soobin," aera said as she pulled soobin's hoodie over his head.

soobin nodded weakly in response.

aera yelped in surprise after realising that soobin wasn't wearing anything underneath his hoodie. a blush crept up on her face as she started wiping his body with the wet towel.

despite being too weak to give a reaction, soobin chuckled lightly at aera's flustered state.

"shut up soobin," aera pouted as she finally finished up.

aera rummaged through soobin's wardrobe to find a comfortable sweater for him to wear. soobin sat up tiredly as aera dressed the bare upper half of his body.

"goodbye abs," aera mumbled, thinking that soobin wasn't able to hear it.

oh how wrong she was.

soobin's eyes widened after hearing what she said and shyly blushed to himself.

"where do you keep your medicine?" aera asked as she innocently scanned his room.

"that drawer," soobin pointed towards his study table as aera skipped towards it, obtaining the medicine for his fever.

she skipped towards the kitchen to get a bottle of water before finally giving the sick boy his medicine.

"thank you," soobin mumbled as he chugged down the bottle of water along with the two tablets.

aera stared at soobin, his eyebags red and droopy; his skin as pale as the mochi she loved eating.

at the same time, she looked at him lovingly. despite the way he hurt her, she still wanted to love him.

"get some sleep while i, um, try to cook," aera rubbed the nape of her neck shyly as she tucked soobin in bed.

soobin could only stare at the girl in front of him, his heart beating at a steady pace for her presence soothed his tired state.

before he knew it, she was the last sight he saw as sleep took over him.