twenty

warning: mention of sexual assault.
[please skip at your own discretion]

soobin sat comfortably in his bed that evening. others were partying on a friday night while he was eating a tub of ice cream and watching some random anime about the weather.

he couldn't help but think whether staying home was the right choice. he was completely smitten with aera at that point that he forgot the bet with mark existed.

that afternoon under the cherry blossom tree, soobin had an epiphany that aera deserved to be loved and cared for. although he felt sorry towards mark, it wasn't aera's fault.

it bothered him knowing that anything could happen to aera at choi boomgyu's party or whatever soobin thought his name was.

he set his tub of ice cream down and scrunched his nose distastefully before getting up from his bed.

"guess i'm going," soobin muttered before throwing on whatever he saw first in his closet.

-

meanwhile the party was wild. everyone was going crazy at beomgyu's ridiculously big house as they drank and danced the night away.

by the time the golden trio had reached the party, their hands instantly reached out for the bottles of beer and soju on the table.

while jeno and jaemin were able to tolerate their alcohol, aera wasn't. she was on her second bottle but the petite brunette was already feeling tipsy.

"jaemin, shouldn't we look after her?" jeno asked nervously as he pointed to aera who was doing shots with yeonjun.

jaemin giggled sheepishly as he took a sip from his own bottle pen soju.

"please don't tell me you're drunk too," jeno begged as jaemin dispersed into the crowd of dancing youth.

"fuck it, i'm not their caretaker," jeno said to himself as he grabbed two more bottles of beer before joining the crowd.

the night was young and everyone felt alive. aera drank her sorrows away as she drank more shots with the people who surrounded her.

she didn't have to think about her guilt, she didn't have to think of pleasing everyone. she was happy with how the alcohol managed to numb her pain.

however, the only thing that stayed imprinted in her drunken mind was the face of choi soobin.

aera dreamily sighed as she trudged herself drunkenly up the stairs towards one of the bedrooms. she desperately wanted to lie down, feeling as though she was about to pass out at any given minute.

"where do you think you're going babygirl?" a voice said closely behind her.

aera was in no mood to turn around to identify the face the voice belonged to. she only opened the door to one of the many bedrooms in the house and plopped herself onto the bed.

the unknown boy sniggered to himself as he unbuckled his belt.

a voice in aera's mind desperately called out to her, hoping aera would regain soberness but her body remained unmoved.

"i see you're waiting for me huh?" the boy whispered as he positioned himself in front of the drunk girl.

aera stirred in her state as the boy held her arms down. she started panicking as soon as he started kissing her neck roughly and failed to set herself free.

although everything seemed fuzzy to her, aera felt her heart shatter from fear as she let a tear escape her eye.

before the boy was about to do anything else, he was roughly pushed off of aera. the boy groaned his head in pain from the harsh impact of the floor and quickly got up to leave the room.

"fucking hell," soobin mumbled angrily and quickly grabbed a hold of the boy's collar before he had the chance to open the door.

"now where the fuck do you think you're going?" soobin asked solemnly before throwing a punch at the boy.

"s-stop please!" the boy begged as soobin continued throwing punch after punch at him.

"turn yourself in or i'll make you," soobin responses coldly before breaking the boy's nose with his punch.

aera hugged her legs as she curled up into a ball. she had sobered up a little bit but had understood the situation she had put herself in. she drowned out the sounds of soobin's punches and the boy's cries for help.

she just wanted the night to be over.

as she slowly got up from the bed, she took a good look at the bloodied up boy and at soobin, who had finally stopped beating the boy up.

"i'm going to call the police. you bet your ass that you're going to end up in fucking jail," soobin snapped at the helpless boy who was busy wiping off the blood from his nose.

"fuck you and your little slut," the boy laughed maniacally causing soobin to clench his fists again to throw another punch.

"soobin, don't." aera whispered out quietly as she timidly hid behind soobin, her small hands clutching onto his shirt.

soobin hesitantly unclenched his bloodied fists, his heart softened at the sound of her small voice.

"let's just get out of here please," aera asked as she looked up at the taller boy.

soobin nodded as he took aera by the hand and dragged her out of the room and eventually, out of the house.