~15~

Thunderstorm

The boy shifts under the covers as thunder roars loudly outside, the sky brightening up every few seconds followed by a loud rumbling sound that stretches around everywhere.

As the sky angrily roars, the boy's brows furrow closer and closer together, the blanket a shield from the violent storm outside.

From inside his cocoon, he peeks at the clock, letting out a heavy sigh when he reads the numbers.

Judging by the heavy downpour, it doesn't seem like the storm is going away anytime soon.

Another sigh. Not wanting to be a bother, Taehyung closes his eyes and tries to get some sleep, but it's no use. Every time he closes his eyes, he keeps going back to that place.

With a chill running down his spine, Taehyung slowly stands up and makes his way to the window, his worried gaze shifting from the clock to the blurry lights outside.

It's late and EunHae hasn't come home yet.

Is she okay? He wonders closing the blinds, dragging his blanket along with him as he makes his way to the living room.

He'll wait for her here, it's better than staying in the room by himself.

The sound of the clock echoes loudly above him as he waits, his eyes fixed in the hands as they move through the clock.

"You're still awake?" Namjoon says breaking him out of his thoughts, the boy nodding as he looks at him, resting his head back on the couch. "I can't believe EunHae isn't back yet." Namjoon says dialing her number on his phone.

Upon hearing her name, the boy's head whips towards the other boy, quickly standing up to listen as well. He presses his ear against the phone as well, and waits for the girl to pick up, each ring echoing louder and louder making the boy feel uneasy.

He doesn't want to admit it, but he's starting to get really worried. What if something happened to her?

Namjoon seems to be thinking the same thing judging by his worried gaze, which lingers on the door as they listen to the heavy downpour outside. 

Noticing Taehyung's reaction, Namjoon gives him a smile and gently pats his back. "Don't worry Taehyung, I'm sure she's okay. We just need to wait a little longer."

And that's what they do. Wait. Wait until their friend comes home.

Not wanting to be himself, Taehyung follows Namjoon around the apartment, the latter raising a brow every once in a while when he looks at the boy.

"Is everything okay Taehyung-ah?" Namjoon finally asks after a while.

C-can I sleep here? He asks rubbing his eyes, Namjoon's eyes softening as he nods his head.

"Sure." He says signaling the bed. "Go ahead."

The boy gives him a boxy grin and proceeds to make himself comfortable, eyes closing slowly as sleep takes over.

But it doesn't last long. As soon as his eyes completely close, the loudest roar yet wakes the boy with a start, his heart beating wildly in his chest as he looks around the room.