~13~

The Adventures of Fish Boy

The small adventures of fish boy continue as he stands in the kitchen, face pensive as he taps his chin.

EunHae had left for the day so it was just Namjoon and himself in the apartment, but Namjoon seemed to be working on something so the boy is pretty much by himself and bored out of his mind.

If he listens closely, Taehyung can hear some sort of sound from the other side of the door.

Not voices, but something like a mixture of instruments. It is quite interesting for the boy to listen to but after a while he gets bored again.

And hungry.

Letting out a puff of air through his cheeks, the boy gently pats his tummy, his eyes drifting towards the kitchen before he softly shakes his head.

No.

He should wait for EunHae to come back.

He's not exactly sure why, but he has never really seen Namjoon make something in the kitchen, making him hesitant to ask for help. Still, he is really craving a particular dish the girl had made.

After a while, Taehyung's head whips in the direction of the hallway as he hears the door open, his friend offering him a tired smile as he gets a glass of water.

"Hey Taehyung." He says acknowledging the boy. "EunHae isn't back yet?" He asks to which the boy responds by shaking his head, grabbing the book on the small table to show his progress on the work book so far.

"You're doing good Taehyung-ah." Namjoon says ruffling the boy's hair, a proud smile on his face as he sees his handwriting become more legible and stable. "You're working hard. I'm sure you'll master it in no time."

Taehyung beams at the complement setting his workbook back down, rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet as he thinks on how to ask his friend for help, but after a while, he gives up, ending up in both of them laying on the floor blankly staring at the ceiling.

After thinking about, Taehyung finally gathers his courage and asks the older boy for help.

Hyung. Taehyung says tapping the eldest's shoulder.

"Hmm." Namjoon hums in response.

Can you help me make something?

"What do you have in mind?" Namjoon asks sitting up, intrigued by the boy's question.

I want to to try making food.

"Food?" Namjoon asks raising a brow, shoulders tensing slightly as he looks at the kitchen. "What kind of food do you have in mind?"

Maybe Taehyung will ask for a simple snack and Namjoon won't have to worry about messing up the kitchen.

Taehyung proceeds to describe the dish he has in mind to the best of his ability, Namjoon nodding as the boy signs.

"Hmmm. Sounds simple enough." Namjoon says with a nod, offering the boy a hand as he stands up.

Is it really okay to use the kitchen? Taehyung asks.