Chapter 1

Tom's Change

Death looked down over the scene that was playing out before him, then sighed and started pacing back and forth in his office. Fate and Destiny had given him full control over Harry because, after all, Harry was his Master. Well sort of. You see, Harry wasn't Master of much, if anything, at this point, because the stupid idiot boy was fixing to walk right in front of a killing curse sent by Lord Voldemort.

"Who does that!? The boy has no common sense! How am I supposed to work with him!? This is outrageous!" Death shouted.

The two ladies standing behind him grinned wickedly.

"You have your orders. Go make it right." Fate said smugly, as she smiled at him.

Destiny sighed and rolled her eyes. "It's his destiny to defeat the Dark Lord. We have to make this right or the whole world will be destroyed."

"So make it right. I'll be handling your normal job until your mission is finished." Fate laughed, and the two ladies disappeared.

"Make it right, make it right." Death grumbled to himself in a sing song voice, as he sat down at his desk.

As soon as he sat down, one Mr. Harry James Potter fell through the ceiling of his brightly lit office. He glared at Harry as he drummed his bony fingers on the top of his desk.

"Where am I?" Harry asked, as he stood up and looked around.

Death sighed with exasperation. "Hello Harry. How are you? Is the weather nice on Earth this time of day? Oh that's right, you wouldn't know, because you're dead." He said, glaring at the confused boy.

"Dead?"

"Yes, dead. You did just walk in front of a killing curse, or have you forgotten already?"

"Who are you? Where is my Mum and Dad? Where is Sirius, Remus, Fred, Mad-Eye, and Tonks?"

Death sighed in annoyance. "First, who do I look like? Second, they will be along shortly, and third, you will see them again soon. BRING IN LILY AND JAMES POTTER!" Death bellowed, startling Harry as he rapped the end of his scythe on the floor.

A door appeared on the right side of his office, and Lily and James burst through it.

"Harry!" Lily cried rushing over to her son.

"Mum!"

"Oh Harry! I'm so happy to see you, but I'm not so happy to see you." She said suddenly, pulling back to glare at her son.

"What were you thinking son?" James asked, pulling Harry into a rib crushing hug.

"Why did you let Tom kill you?" Lily asked, prying Harry out of James's arms, and giving her son another rib crushing hug.

"Huh?" Harry asked, stepping back and looking at his parents.

"Why did you let Tom kill you? You were supposed to be working with him." James said.

"Where is Dumbledore? Can I strangle him now?" Lily asked, rounding on Death.

Death sighed. "No, because Dumbledore is in a holding cell at the moment. He has to be sent back too, so that this whole mess can be straightened out."

"What about Tom? Is he ok? Is he still alive?" James asked.

"Yes, Tom Riddle is still alive, but no, there is no hope for him now. All but one of his horcruxes has been destroyed. I'm afraid he is a lost cause at this point. Especially now that he has killed one of his own horcruxes." Death said, gesturing to Harry.