Chapter 18

Magic Carpets and Indoor Swimming Pools

"I know! Messrs. Moony, Padfoot, Prongs, Prongs Jr., and Pimp Daddy Evil!" Sirius exclaimed.

"Nope." Harry and Tom said as they snorted at the ridiculousness of it.

"That sounds like a horrible muggle professional wrestler's name." Remus laughed.

"I worry about you Padfoot." James said, grinning at his best friend.

Sirius sighed. "Well I tried."

Harry, Tom, Sirius, Remus, James, and Lily were making their way to the great hall for breakfast. They were still trying to find the perfect Marauder name for Tom, but so far they hadn't found one that worked.

"Maybe we should change my name too." Harry said. "It doesn't...sound...right. Messrs. Moony, Padfoot, Prongs, and Prongs Jr? No, I need another nickname."

"Slinky!" Tom exclaimed.

"Slinky?" Harry asked. "No I don't like it."

"No for me!"

"Messrs. Moony, Padfoot, Prongs, Prongs Jr., and Slinky?" Sirius mumbled. "That's not bad. I like Slinky."

"So do I." James and Remus said together.

"But now we need another one for Harry. I agree, Prongs Jr. just doesn't do it for me." James said. "I'll work on it."

"Thanks Dad." Harry said with a grin. "I agree though Tom. Slinky is a good name for you."

Tom grinned and gave a thumbs up sign as they entered the entrance hall, but then they caught sight of two people whom Harry really didn't want to talk to. He groaned and shook his head.

"I don't feel like putting up with them right now." He grumbled.

"Harry! Where did you learn to fly unsupported!?" Hermione demanded. "That is clearly dark magic. Fred, George, and Neville aren't saying, and every time we ask Professor Snape he glares at us! We want to know!"

"Yeah, people don't just burst into black columns of smoke unless it involves dark magic." Ron said, folding his arms across his chest and glaring at them.

"I've got this." Tom muttered into Harry's ear. Then he looked at Hermione and Ron and spoke in a low scary whisper. "An ancient dark magic ritual has to be performed in order to achieve unsupported flight. You have drink the blood of a pregnant woman, then you have to draw complicated runes on the ground while invoking the ghost of Morgana. Then you have to dance naked under a full moon and sacrifice a werewolf, while listening to Steppenwolf's song Magic Carpet Ride...backwards." He said with wide eyes, while nodding. "After that you can fly unsupported." He said in a normal tone and shrugging his shoulders.

James, Sirius, and Remus burst out laughing, and Sirius began singing.

"Well, you don't know what we can find..."

"...Why don't you come with me little girl..." Remus sang while laughing.

"...On a magic carpet ride!" James shouted holding his hand out to Lily, who laughed, and they began to dance as Sirius, Remus, and Tom finished the rest of the song's chorus.

Laughing at a completely confused Ron and a scowling Hermione, they began dancing their way into the great hall. Harry was laughing hysterically at his parents, Sirius, Remus, and Tom, who upon entering the great hall, began singing the chorus again at the top of their lungs. They were completely off key, but that wasn't the point. Hermione and Ron however, followed them into the great hall.