Chapter 2

Lineage

The night before Harry had met the house elves when Sirius led him into his old bedroom. The furniture had changed over the years due to a charm Lily had placed on them. They were to grow as he grew, so instead of a crib, a full size dark wooden bed stood in its place. The only thing that remained behind were his baby toys, which he spent a few hours looking at, holding, touching, smiling, and crying over. His baby blankets were the same as well. They all sat silently on top of his dresser, and he didn't feel ashamed when he curled up with one to fall asleep with.

Breakfast the next morning was a chatty one, and it was one of the best Harry had ever remembered. He walked in and was surprised to see the Weasleys back. He didn't expect them until later in the day, but Harry was glad they were there none the less.

"Wotcher Harry." Tonks said with a wink.

"Morning Tonks. I hope you slept well." Harry said.

"Better than I have in a while truthfully." She grinned. "Now that we don't have to worry about that Voldemort fellow. Right straight git that one was."

The twins laughed loudly and Tom's mouth twitched in amusement. "I agree, he was a 'right straight git'." He laughed.

"Speaking of which My Lo…" Snape sighed and started grumbling to himself, but Fred grinned at him.

"You trained the Death Eaters well didn't you?" He laughed.

"Respect earned through fear is never good Fred, but yes I trained them well. Severus don't worry, those times are past. Speak freely please."

"At least he's grumbling and not nervous." George laughed.

"Yes well, Severus has always been one to grumble." Tom said, which made the whole table snort.

"Luckily I can't take points from Gryffindor." Snape said with a sneer directed at the twins, but his eyes betrayed him. He was trying not to laugh. "As I was saying Tom," He said with a slight satisfied smile. "What is to be done with the Death Eaters?"

"Well I thought a lot about it last night and I have decided to do nothing. They know I'm back and have regained my body, and they know I'm still alive because the mark is still black. I want to mess with their heads and keep them on their toes. They will no doubt wonder what happened to me, and the fact that I have no contact with them will drive them mad, but they will never see me again. I have no use for them. They are weak minded individuals babbling about pure blood this and pure blood that. For almost forty years I have put up with their intolerable inbred ranting about muggles, muggle borns, half-bloods, and the rest. Personally, I'm glad for the quiet."

"Here, here!" Sirius exclaimed, raising a glass of pumpkin juice.

"Indeed." Tom said, raising his own.

"Nevermind the fact they were kissing the butt of a half-blood themselves." Bill snorted.

Tom laughed. "That has always been a source of amusement for me. Maybe one or two know that I'm a half-blood, but most do not, and the ones that do know won't say anything for fear of being ridiculed."

"Not to mention cursed." Remus said.

Tom nodded. "That too. Can you imagine Bellatrix's reaction at that declaration?"

Sirius snorted. "I'd pay to watch it if she ever found out it was true."

"So what would you have me do?" Severus asked. "One of them is bound to ask me about you."

"Severus, what you do with your life is up to you. Make something up if you wish, or simply say you don't know. It is not my place to command you. It never was, but as we have all learned, most of my past actions were not my own. I never tortured you simply because you are a half-blood like me, and the only one I trusted. I threatened it of course, but I never did it. I knew that during the first war you started to spy on me. I didn't care because if Dumbledore killed me, at least I wouldn't be causing anyone anymore suffering. I especially had respect for you when you asked me to spare Lily's life. No one else would have dared to ask me to spare a muggle-born, but you did. That gained you my trust more than anything. You were in fact my unofficial friend, and I deeply regret having put you in the position I did."