Chapter 13

Can I live here too?

As Albus pushed his way through the crowd that surrounded Harry and Tom, he knew that he wasn't wanted there, and if he ever found out who tried to trip him, they'd be expelled.

"Harry I must speak to you alone in my office. I have questions that I need to ask you." He said, and immediately got laughed at.

"Umm no. I don't think so Headmaster. I'm not going anywhere alone with you." Harry said, looking him right in the eye. "And you know why."

"Harry, all this nonsense that you believe, is just that, nonsense. I wouldn't hurt you."

"Just like you wouldn't hurt Tom Riddle?" Neville asked, looking at Dumbledore pointedly.

Dumbledore rounded on Neville and glared at him. "I didn't hurt Tom Riddle."

"Yeah, and I'm the Gingerbread Man." Tom said rolling his eyes.

"Who in the bloody hell is the Gingerbread Man?" Draco asked.

"Is he kin to us?" George asked, and everyone laughed.

Tom grinned at Draco. "I'll explain later."

"Point is Headmaster, I'm not going anywhere with you." Harry said, turning his back on Dumbledore.

"You know what Harry? I think you should go. I'd like to hear what he has to say when you get back. Not to mention, I'm sure Lily and James would like to know what lies Albus wants to spin." Sirius said. "Besides, I'm sure Hogwarts herself would be looking out for you, and would alert us to any mistreatment that might happen to you."

"We'd know if he gets thrown in the dungeons." Tom said with a smirk. "HOGWARTS! WOULD YOU PLEASE KEEP A WATCH ON HARRY AS HE SPEAKS TO THE HEADMASTER ALONE?"

"Of course I would. As my owner, he has my full support. I will not allow any harm to befall him."

"THANK YOU HOGWARTS!" Harry shouted.

"You are most welcome Harry Potter."

"Very well Headmaster. I will speak to you."

Dumbledore scowled at them, but then turned to address the great hall. "All students can return to their houses, after Harry and I have left!" He said loudly, and swept toward the doors, not even bothering to see if Harry was following.

"We will be listening." Tom whispered quickly.

Harry nodded, and felt Luna grab ahold of his robes as he followed Dumbledore out of the room.

When he got to the Headmaster's office, Harry felt a little nervous. He had no idea what Dumbledore was going to do. Luna let go of him as soon as they got into the office, but he knew she would stand in one of the dark corners of the room. He also knew that Dobby was probably here too, seeing as he never strays far from her. This made him feel a lot better.

He almost burst out laughing though, when the window behind Dumbledore's chair and desk seemingly opened by itself, and a bunch of Fred and George's extendable ears popped into view. He knew the others were hovering outside the window listening, and as long as they kept quiet and Dumbledore didn't turn around, they wouldn't be seen.

However, before Dumbledore could start speaking, cries of protest came from some of the portraits on the wall as Salazar, Godric, and Merlin entered the room.

"We have every right to be here, and Merlin is here as our guest!" Salazar shouted, and the protests stopped immediately.

"Merlin!" One of the portraits exclaimed.