Chapter 7

Justice

It was dreary and rainy the next morning when Harry woke up. A storm had blown in sometime during the night, and the dorm room felt humid and damp because of it. Despite that though, he had slept well and woke up in a fairly good mood. Harry wasn't worried about Dumbledore sneaking up to their dorm, because a few of the Potter elves had taken two hour shifts watching the map at Potter Manor last night, and would continue to do so for every night Harry and the others were at Hogwarts. Not to mention Godric being in the common room, and Salazar in the dorm itself as the last line of defense. They knew that Dumbledore could make himself invisible with a number of charms to get past Godric and Salazar, but no one could get past the Marauder's Map. There was no way Dumbledore could get anywhere near Gryffindor tower at night, without an alarm being raised.

As Harry was getting ready for the day, Fawkes flashed into the dorm with a letter from Sirius saying that Dumbledore had been in the Headmaster's tower all night, and everything had been normal in the Slytherin common room. None of the Potter elves assigned to listen to their conversations had overheard anything suspicious about Death Eater dealings. Harry quickly scribbled a note saying that he would pass on the information to Luna, so that 'Hogwarts could give its morning briefing', and sent it off with Fawkes. Death also appeared to tell Harry that no one had used legilimency, and said that he would immediately let Luna know if it was used, and that Death himself would personally throw the offender in the dungeons, considering that it would take time for the elves to do something about it. Harry knew it was an underhanded thing to do, but he also knew that none of the students, except maybe the older Slytherins, would know how to use legilimency. Snape and McGonagall would still use it if they needed too of course, but if anyone else tried it, they would be thrown in the dungeons. It would only make the ruse of Hogwarts being sentient seem more real. Especially for the Headmaster. Harry called for Dobby, and gave him a note to give to Luna, so that she could make the announcements when she was alone, then he headed for the common room.

Halfway down the stairs, he noticed a bunch of people standing around and could hear several people shouting. He looked over the railing and saw Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, Ginny, and Tom in the center of the common room having a very big and very loud shouting match.

"…you don't know anything!" Ron was shouting. "I am your brother. You should be on my side!"

"You're a blue haired, spying, thieving git!" George shouted back. "We don't even acknowledge that you are our brother anymore!"

"Stop it! All of you!" Hermione demanded. "You're upsetting Ginny!"

"It's not like she's innocent!" Fred yelled at her. "She might not be a thief, but she follows Harry around like a love sick puppy! It's creepy!"

"I do not!" Ginny screamed defensively, then looked around nervously.

"Drama, drama, drama." Angelina said with a chuckle, while shaking her head. Then she caught sight of Harry. "Hey Harry, Quidditch tryouts are this weekend. We need to find a new keeper, now that Oliver is gone. Will you tell Fred and George so that they know? I don't want to get in the middle of this." She jerking her thumb in the direction of the shouting match.

"Yeah, I'll let them know." He said.

"Thanks Harry." She smiled. "I have to go find the rest of the team." She said, and set off to make her way out of the common room.

"…shut up you freaky-eyed git!" Ron shouted to Tom. "This is a family matter, and you have no business in it! Why don't you take your bloody snake and go to the Slytherin dungeons where you belong!"