Chapter 4

Summer Happenings

Death smiled as he looked down on Potter Manor from his office high above everything in the known universe. He was pleased with himself and his own cunning. Setting up the boys to gain their rightful inheritance warmed even his (sometimes) cold heart. He knew they had a long road ahead of them though. He had told them about the murky waters of the timeline, but that was all rubbish. The waters were crystal clear, and everything was on course, but he wouldn't tell them that simply because he knew Harry. The boy would constantly be wondering if every decision was the right one.

Death was glad Minerva McGonagall was now on board, and soon he would fill in Neville and Luna. There was one more person that still needed to be added, but they would be brought in soon enough. It's just that right now, he wanted the young ones to enjoy the time with their families. Neville deserved it after all he had went through, and Luna, even though she doesn't remember her mother being gone, deserved it as well. Yes, Death has a soft spot for Luna and Neville, even though he wouldn't admit it out loud.

As for Harry and Tom, now that they have claimed the vaults at Gringotts and bonded with Fawkes, they were well on their way to fulfilling their destinies. Both trusted each other, and neither would leave the other's side. They would always be there for each other. Harry especially would need Tom when they went back to Hogwarts though. Tempers would no doubt flare when Harry first encounters Mr. Weasley and Miss Granger, and Tom would need to be there to make sure Harry didn't get himself expelled. Still though, Death would have to be on his bony toes watching every minute of their lives. The rest of the school would remain clueless until Death deemed otherwise, but the Slytherins would know something was off right away, and only the sons and daughters of Death Eaters would know who Tom really was, but they wouldn't dare say anything. They knew better. However, even Death knew that it wouldn't stop those little toss pots known as Draco Malfoy and company, or the Idiot Trio as Death liked to call them.

Death grinned maliciously as he watched Albus Dumbledore storm through the castle. He had been in a right foul mood ever since he lost his wand. Albus hated the new one he had gotten from Ollivander. He sorely missed the power of The Elder Wand, and he thought the new wand was sluggish and inferior. That's because it was. Oh yes, Death grinned as he watched the foul man stomp through the castle. It served him right for setting up Harry all those years ago.

Molly Weasley was a witch that had seen herself (along with her many children) through the barrier at Platform Nine and Three Quarters many times. So why was she yelling about muggles and asking where the platform was in a crowed muggle area? Death knew, it was because bloody Albus 'too many names' Dumbledore told her too, that's why! She had been instructed to watch carefully for a dark haired boy wearing glasses and dressed in rags, and Harry wasn't all that hard to miss. She gladly accepted the old man's offer for lots of galleons. All she had to do was play Mum until the boy had fulfilled his usefulness. It was an easy job.

Then there was her idiot son Ron. A boy so jealous that he made himself and easy spy for dear old Albus. Especially when there was money involved, and the promise that there would be chocolate pudding served at every meal. The boy was so thick headed that Death himself wondered if Ron had pudding for brains. Ron hated Harry with a passion. He hated all the attention Harry got because he was 'The-Boy-Who-Lived' and he refused to see how much Harry hated that moniker. Ron showed his true colors on numerous occasions, but the most notable was when Harry's name had been chosen for the Triwizard Tournament, and when he had abandoned Harry during the horcrux hunt. (Even though he doesn't remember it, nor will it now happen.) In Harry's future past life, the little toss pot had lied about coming back because of hearing Hermione's voice. No, he came back on his mother's orders to make sure Harry wouldn't die at the hands of Death Eaters or snatchers. She wanted to milk every cent she could out of the poor boy, and since Dumbledore (at the time) was dead, Molly had cooked up a plan to get Harry married into the family. Death huffed in discuss as he watched Ron read the letter Harry had sent. Whining to his mother about how Harry was probably to busy being famous. Death wanted to curse the little prat.