Chapter 19

A Week of Moral Uncertainty

It had been a week since Albus Dumbledore had received the letter from Umbridge, and for a whole week he couldn't help but stare at it. It was Sunday night, and Albus was still at The Burrow, but for the last few days he could only stare at that letter and wonder if he was right.

Could it be? But how? He asked himself for the millionth time. Could Harry really be using the Resurrection Stone? It would make sense after all. Harry has the cloak, and the Elder Wand vanished into thin air. Does he have that too?

"But HOW is it possible!?" Albus yelled furiously, as he stomped back and forth across The Burrow's kitchen.

"Haven't you figured it out yet?" A voice mockingly asked.

Albus wheeled around and pointed his wand at a woman who had suddenly appeared in the kitchen. She had had long brown hair, silver colored eyes, and was wearing the finest and most expensive gold colored silk robes the wizarding world had to offer. However, she shifted uncomfortably and plucked the fine material away from her body. She wasn't used to wearing such…rags.

"Who are you!?" Albus demanded. "You will answer me!"

The woman raised an eyebrow, but gave Albus a condescending smile. "Now, now Dumbledore that is no way to treat a lady. You wanted information about how Harry and his friends had achieved unsupported flight. After all you saw Harry and Tom fly out of the Chamber of Secrets a few months ago, and you used the Quidditch game last Saturday to try and force them to reveal that secret. It didn't work out as well as you planned, did it?" She asked with a mocking laugh.

Albus glared at the woman. "How do you know my motives? How do you know where I am? Who are you?"

"So many questions." The woman said, rolling her eyes and glancing at the ceiling. "And so very impolite. Well you won't get any answers from me that's for certain."

"Then why are you here?" He asked angrily. He was starting to get very impatient with the woman.

"To tell you that your pawn Fudge has been caught. He won't be getting in Harry's way anytime soon, so you might as well go ahead and release him from the imperius curse. I know you can't get the Daily Prophet while running from the Aurors, so I thought I'd stop by and let you know." She said with a sigh, as if the very task was a burden. "Dear Amelia has been named temporary Minister, but she is going to be named the permanent Minister very shortly. She will enjoy taking you and your little…network…down." The woman said with a grin. "Incidentally your little girl Umbridge will be out of commission in a few days due to a stay in the hospital wing. I do believe she will have fainted from fright, but she is a little busy at the current moment so she doesn't have time to send you any owls. After all, planning an Azkaban breakout is hard work." She said with a sickly sweet smile.

"I demand you tell me who you are, and how you know of my plans!"

The woman looked at Albus and laughed. "No. I'm not telling."

"I've had enough of you!" Dumbledore shouted. "Avada Kedavra!"

The sickly green light of the killing curse sailed towards her, but Albus's eyes widened in shock as the unfazed woman just stood there and watched it. His jaw nearly hit the ground when she reached out and plucked it out of the air, as if it were nothing but a green ball that had been tossed at her.

"Thank you Albus. I now have what I came for." She said with a satisfied smile, as she placed the killing curse in her pocket. "I must be going now, but I do have a warning for you." She said, looking right into Albus's eyes. "The dead are watching you."