Chapter 6

Chaos Begins

As the train pulled into Hogsmeade, Harry was delighted to see Hedwig sitting on one of the Hogsmeade Station benches. She took flight, landed on his shoulder, and nipped at his ear happily.

No problems I trust?

"Nope." He whispered. "It all happened like we thought it would."

Good. I'll head to the owlery now. I had a long flight and I could use some rest. I'll come see you tomorrow at breakfast.

Harry nodded, and Hedwig took off. Then he turned to Tom.

"She's gone to the owlery. She had a long flight." He whispered.

"Ok. McGonagall told me yesterday that I have to go with first years and be sorted with them, so I'll see you later. Nagini said she is going to swim beside my boat as it crosses the lake."

Harry laughed. "Alright. Be careful Nagini, and dont let yourself be grabbed by the grindylows."

"I won't."

Harry nodded, and Tom left with Nagini. Luna, Neville, Fred, and George were about to get into a carriage when Seamus and Dean stopped them.

"Hey Harry. Dean and I were wondering if what you said on the train was true." Seamus asked quietly.

"You mean about Ron, Hermione, and Dumbledore?" Harry asked, and Seamus nodded. "Yeah, I'm afraid so. I have the proof and everything. I'll show it to you later."

Seamus nodded. "Yeah I'd like to see it before I believe it. I hope that's ok."

"It is." Harry assured him.

"Alright. We will see you mate." Seamus said, getting into the carriage behind them.

They headed up toward the castle, and for the first time it seemed ominous, but Harry knew that was only because of what he knew now. While he didn't look at the castle as home anymore, he still saw it as a place of comfort. Despite what Dumbledore was up to, Hogwarts would always have a special place in his heart.

They entered the great hall and Harry grinned. He could tell that Snape had already had enough of Umbridge. She was trying to lean over and talk to him, but it was either sit up straight or lean over and fall into Professor Sprouts lap. He caught Harry's eye, and knitted his eyebrows together in frustration as he slightly jerked his head at Umbridge. Harry couldn't help but grin, because they had a plan if Umbridge stood up to speak this time, and he was sure that even Snape would find it slightly amusing.

As the students settled down for the sorting, McGonagall led the first years in, and Harry nearly fell out of seat laughing. Tom, who was very easy to spot because he was much taller than any of the others, was soaking wet and scowling. Nagini was firmly attached to his torso, and McGonagall seemed to be giggling about something. The entire hall watched this curious exchange, as McGonagall sat the stool down.

"Harry Potter will you please stand?" She called out with a giggle.

Harry was shocked and confused, but he stood up. "I'm here."

"There Nagini…is that her name? Yes, Nagini the snake has apparently been asking for you Mr. Potter." She said chuckling.

Tom turned around to face Harry with a scowl on his face, and said loudly, "She was swimming beside the boat I was in, and the giant squid came up underneath her. It scared her so badly that she launched herself into the boat, and knocked me into the bloody lake!"