Chapter 14

A slight change in plans

Salazar started yelling that he needed a wand, and Tom tossed his to him. Godric didn't have a wand either, but seeing as he had his sword, he didn't need one. Godric charged at a very shocked Dumbledore, and Harry could tell that Godric had every intention of using his sword to remove Dumbledore's head from his shoulders. Merlin immediately started shooting spells, but Dumbledore was able to block some and dodge the rest. Salazar too was throwing curses left and right, but started to yell at Godric to get out of the way. Godric however, was paying him no mind.

With an almighty yell Godric hit his knees and let go of his sword. It sailed end over end right at Albus's chest. Albus's eyes became wider than galleons, but then he did something that no one could have expected, he leapt up in the air, changed into a very large black vulture, and flew out of the blown out window behind him.

Godric's sword, which missed him by millimeters, embedded itself deep into the stone wall with a loud resounding clang. Salazar let loose with a slew of swear words that made Death himself blush, Merlin was enraged, but neither of them came close to Godric's rant. Since Dumbledore had escaped, Godric decided to take his anger out on Dumbledore's chair at the head table. He reached over the front of the table, grabbed the chair, and with another yell, began slamming it into the ground until it started to fly apart. Then Godric wandlessly set the bloody thing on fire.

"I think we know where you get your temper from Harry." Sirius whispered into Harry's ear.

Harry could only nod numbly. Every student and Professor in the great hall had flattened themselves against the walls, and everyone was staring at the Founders and Merlin in both shock and awe. Godric sat down on the steps in front of the head table with a huff, and Harry could see him clenching and unclenching his fists as he tried to calm himself down. 'Voldemort'/Death looked slightly amused and started to say something, but Salazar beat him too it.

"Feel better now?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at his brother.

"Not in the slightest." Godric growled.

"Well I think you have successfully scared the children out of their wits. Now that you are their Headmaster, I think they all will be afraid to put a toe out of line, least they suffer your temper and wrath." Salazar said, with a grin.

This caused Godric to snort, but he looked up from where he was sitting and addressed the students. "Classes for the rest of the day have been cancelled but they will resume tomorrow after breakfast as normal. You don't have to go to your common rooms, but I ask that if you go outside to keep a look out for your former Headmaster. I don't trust the man, and he may try something less than honest. Just remain alert. I will ask Hogwarts to announce a school assembly later this afternoon. Professors, I ask that you accompany me to the Headmaster's office. Harry, I will meet with you and your friends later. Mr. Riddle, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. You are welcome here, so long as you don't harm anyone."

"Thank you." 'Voldemort' said with a nod.

"Professors, if you will follow me please." He said standing up.

He started to walk toward the doors, but Salazar cleared his throat loudly. "Oh Godric."

"Yes?" he asked, turning around.

"Your sword." He said, glancing at the embedded weapon in the wall.

"Oh right." He said blushing a light shade of red.

He walked over to the sword, yanked it out of the wall, and with one smooth motion placed it back in the sheath that was fastened around his waist. Then he looked around rather sheepishly.