Chapter 5

You're welcome _HANIAM_
_____________________________________________

"Shit."

Was Kaycee's first word of the day when she woke up.

Having never experienced a hangover, this was hell personified for Kaycee. Her head felt like someone was hammering nails inside it and her body felt heavy. Way heavy. As if she had three more Kaycee's chilling on her back.

Almost falling out of her bed, she somehow crossed the room on wobbly legs and reached the bathroom. After brushing her teeth and washing her face she felt a little better.

"Never again." Kaycee muttered to herself as she got dressed.

Walking downstairs with her head in hand, she witnessed a shirtless Sean cooking in the kitchen.

Now Kaycee did not know he was that ripped and lean. Which is the only reason, I repeat the only reason, her jaw dropped and she stared at his back. At least that's what she told herself. But she couldn't explain the red cheeks. She concluded it was from the hot weather.

And they were in Iceland.

She coughed. Sean's back tensed but he didn't acknowlege her. She coughed again. He didn't even react a little bit.

"Put on a shirt, dumbass."

Sean didn't turn around but he spoke from his spot near he kitchen table. "At least I'm not that of a dumbass who got herself drunk last night and passed out."

Kaycee was taken aback by his tone which seemed..... unfriendly. She thought they had crossed that barrier last night. She doesn't remember much but she does remember the conversations she had with him at the bar. And that seemed friendly. Like he wasn't disgusted by her at least.

"Yeah, well, I'm sorry I wanted to have a little fun after being locked up in this house for a week on my honeymoon." Back to square one, she was annoyed with this selfish brat.

"Why do you keep bringing that up?"

"Because this is not how I imagined my honeymoon to be." Kaycee spat. Her head was now throbbing again with all the yelling and she held it again with her hands.

Kaycee didn't see him but his voice seemed to be softer this time when he spoke. "There's aspirin in the cabinet there. It'll help."

Kaycee hummed and took out the aspirin from the said cabinet and popped it in her mouth. After she swallowed it with water, she sat down, resting her head on her arms, waiting for it to take effect. It reduced her headache within a few terribly long minutes and Kaycee could finally breathe again.

"So what's for breakfa-"

But Sean had vanished. A frown crept up her face. At least he could make a simple breakfast for a hungover girl.

Whatever I can make it myself.

Thinking that, she got up to have some cereal and milk.

Again.

Kaycee really didn't have any intention to go out today especially after her companion headache decided to sleepover. So she trudged up the stairs, intending to take a quick nap before lunch. She was almost at the top when she heard a high-pitched laughter coming from somewhere.

That somewhere was Sean's room.

"Nooo..... Sean stoppp it." Followed by a loud giggle. For a reason unknown to Kaycee, she tip toed to Sean's room and put her ear against the door.