Chapter 8

I should not have agreed to this. I should not have agreed to this. I should not have agreed to this. I should not-

"Kaycee, do you need anything else?"

Kaycee snapped out of her thoughts and looked over at Sean. The three of them were standing in front of the main door. Two out of the three of them, wondering how much more awkward could this get.

"No, I'm good."

"Alright. Let's get in the car then."

Reluctantly, both Kaycee and Audrey started walking at the same time. Realising they were in sync, they halted and glared at each other.

Audrey had not thrown a tantrum yet which surprised Kaycee considering that she found out that Kaycee was joining them only when she came here.

Her fists clenched and she threw a dirty glare at Kaycee when Sean told her but other than that she did not say anything.

So far.

Sean did not even seem bothered by her reaction. Or maybe he was just really good at hiding it. When Audrey asked him why did he invite her when it was supposed to be a couple's trip, he replied nonchalantly that he had not invited her, just simply asked her to join them on her way there since she was already going there.

Now, Kaycee did not know this was a couple's trip. She thought they were going there to visit the place. But now it seemed kind of obvious that it was a couple's trip and she felt dumb for not realizing it sooner. But one thing surely intrigued her. Why did Sean not tell her beforehand?

Kaycee wasn't sure but there was something definitely going on between Sean and Audrey. Not in a positive way. Of course it was none of her business, but she couldn't help but be curious.

Kaycee broke her and Audrey's eye contact first and started walking towards the car. Audrey followed her, keeping a good distance from her. But then both of them, especially Audrey, stopped and stood there dumbfounded.

Sean was casually sitting in the passenger seat.

Which meant Kaycee and Audrey had to sit in the back seat together.

Nice try, Sean.

Kaycee and Audrey looked at each other, then looked away immediately. Audrey marched towards Sean and stared at him unblinkingly and asked, "Why are you in the front seat?"

Sean looked surprised as if he had no idea what she was talking about.

"I have to show Dave the way so I'm in the front seat. I'm sure you guys can fit in the back seat."

Audrey opened her mouth to retort back but Dave spoke from the driver's seat.

"Sir, I know the way very well. I can drive-" but he was cut off by a look from Sean. Kaycee couldn't see his face but one thing was clear to her.

Sean was avoiding Audrey.

For some unknown reason.

But nevertheless, it wasn't fair to Audrey. So she walked upto the car, stopped right beside Audrey and stated in a firm, unwavering tone, "Go in the back seat."

Audrey and Sean were both tongue-tied.

Kaycee didn't turn her face towards Audrey because whatever happens she still hasn't forgiven her. But watching this scene of them arguing, reminded her of something from her own childhood and it wasn't a pleasant memory.