Chapter 22

This time, Sean woke up first.

The clock showed 6 am, which meant Sean had slept for a full 3 hours. Impressed with his progress, as he was sleeping more and more with each night, he got off the bed quietly since Kaycee was still sprawled on the bed, snoring lightly.

As he was took out his toothbrush, he peeked back into the room while brushing his teeth.

Kaycee's hair was  spread across her pillow with her face pressed on her right hand which was under her head. His eyes carefully went over each little detail of her sleeping face carefully.

Her closed eyes, her button nose, her mouth slightly open, her chest rising and falling and finally her lips. The moment he realised he was staring at her lips shamelessly, he jerked his head away from hern embarrassed.

As he washed his face, he was comparing Kaycee once again. The fluttering of his heart, the giddiness he felt when Kaycee agreed to something he said, the warmth in his face and neck whenever they had a little 'moment' and the feeling of her small body perfectly fitting into his.

He wasn't a fool. He knew what it meant.

He had once experienced those feelings with Audrey.

But it was too soon.

How do I know this isn't just another repetition of history? What if what I feel is just a phase?

He did think he was in love once. But he wasn't.

There was no denying that he liked her as a friend. She was funny, weird and quirky, they had the same taste in movies and shows and she had been nothing but supportive of his family ever since she came here. Which was a lot for a girl who was married to a stranger.

In fact I'm pretty sure they all already love her more than me.

He scoffed at the thought.

And I'm supposed to their son.

Speaking of family....

Sean uncomfortably glanced at Kaycee. He couldn't figure out what happened for Kaycee to have this much hatred for her parents. The way her eyes first widened in surprise and then squinted in hatred was shockingly new to Sean.

He couldn't imagine himself hating his parents. But parents always care for you no matter how strict they are, isn't it?

Sean didn't even realize when he was standing still and staring at Kaycee. But he was not looking at her. His mind was unfocused.

Whatever they did, it can't be unforgivable, right? Because after all they are your parents. They care for you even if they don't show it.

Kaycee's phone dinged by the bedside table, breaking Sean's trance. As a reflex, his eyes glanced over the lit screen and he saw the name Bailey in a brief moment. He scooted closer to read the message.

His brain told him not to but curiosity always kills the cat.

Bailey

Hey, let me know if you've changed your mind about the party.

You can bring Sean too.

It's not like the girls are life-threatening me to tell you to bring him if you come. Nope. Nope. Not at all.

(-_-)