Chapter 24

Warning: If you feel uncomfortable at any point, please feel free to skip to the part from where you feel comfortable enough.

:))))

When Kaycee opened her eyes, all she could see was darkness.

The first thought that popped into her head was that she was in a warehouse tied and drugged.

Only the floor was moving.

When her fuzzy brain cleared up a little bit, she raised her head a little to look around and saw a little ray of light peeking into the room.

She tried to get up to scoot over to the hole but realized a bit late that she was tied. Her hands were in front of her, taped with duct tape and she couldn't feel her legs but they were probably tied too.

Dragging her body towards the hole, she peeked through it and saw a... road.

They were on a fucking road.

Wait, hold up... does that mean.... she's in a truck?

But this doesn't look like a truck. It looks like a van.

Nevertheless, fear flooded her system and she felt terrified. Not knowing what that man was planning or what was ahead of her.

Just as she thought that, the car or truck or whatever it was, jerked and she rolled on her back, hitting her head on the seat.

Her eyes filled up with tears, part of which were from the pain and part of it from fear.

As she tried to look around through her teary eyes, she saw a black rectangular object laying almost in the middle of the trunk. It was so dark she could barely see it but somehow she used her shoulders and legs to crawl over to the object.

When she got a bit closer, she realized it was her phone.

Whoever this kidnapper is, isn't very smart, Kaycee could tell.

Using the fingers of her tied hands, she managed to flip it over.

It was switched off.

She had seen enough crime shows to know that you could only be tracked if your phone was switched on. She struggled for a good five minutes before finally managing to switch it on.

Using the joint of her thumb, she managed to switch on the location of her phone but before she could make to make a call to Sean or 911, the car jerked to a stop.

Kaycee flew backwards, hitting her shoulder on a wooden box and gritted her teeth in pain. When she turned back around, the phone wasn't there.

It had flown to some corner of the car and she couldn't see it now.

Fuck.

She tried shaking her head to get the hair out of her face, which was sticking to her face due to the sweat.

She couldn't panic now. She had to think logically.

Okay, what else can I do here?

But before she could examine the place around her, the car door opened, creaking slowly.

As the door fully opened, the black man stepped in front of it.

"So Kaycee, we meet again."

No.... that voice...... please God no....