Chapter 25

Sorry for the delay :(

"She's stable and recovering."

These four words managed to calm Sean down more than the five long lectures his family gave him. Letting out a deep breath of relief, he nodded at the doctor who had delivered this news to him as he slumped down on the chair.

It had been six hours since the incident. Six hours since Sean hysterically ran out of Brad's office when Kaycee did not come back after thirty minutes and did not pick up his calls.

This had been the most scared Sean had ever felt in his life, the last time being in the hospital when his father was admitted for his heart surgery.

The worst part was having no idea what happened at all. He did not know whether she was kidnapped or if she had decided in a fleeting moment to run away or if she was.... he would rather not think about it.

The only thing going on in his mind over and over again at that time when the police was trying to track her location was Miya's words, "Don't leave her alone."

Guilt and shame flooded his veins and flowed through his blood, making him shrink with fear, not knowing where she was.

Was it possible Mom knew something was up?

But how?

When they finally found her, Sean refused to let go of her, even when the nurses insisted he wasn't allowed in the surgery room.

The doctors confirmed she received no serious injury except a broken finger, sprained ankle and a concussion amd also trauma which was more serious than any injury could ever imprint.

Surprisingly Gabe - Sean learned his name from the police officers - was in the same hospital after getting shot in the leg and back when he tried to hit two officers with a crowbar.

"Where is Kaycee?!!"

A fuming red Kylie, with Serris and Sarah frowning behind her, stomping down the hallway is what Sean saw when he turned around.

"Where is she?"

"She's being shifted to a new ward."

"And where's Gabe?"

Sean was a little taken aback when Kylie said his name because he never told her his name on the phone.

"He's here too. He was shot."

"Is he dead?"

"Uhh, no I don't think so."

"Cool, let me go kill him." Kylie announced in a cold tone, as she tried to step past Sean.

Fortunately, or unfortunately Sean wasn't sure, he caught her before she managed to get away too far.

"Kylie... you can't. I would've too if I could."

"Hell yeah I can. This has been going on for too long. I should've paid attention when she told me about the man stalking her. I should've listened." Kylie sighed loudly as her body relaxed a bit. Serris came forward to put a hand on her shoulder as Kylie placed a hand on her forehead, her eyes drooping down in guilt.

"Since I can't kill him, can I meet her? Where's she?" Kylie slowly raised her head to look at Sean, along with Serris and Sarah who were both eager to meet her.

Sean just opened his mouth to answer them, when a nurse approached them.

"Mr. Lew?"