Chapter 12

"MOM! I swear-"

"We're here, we're here."

Sean turned around and huffed. "Finally! We are already-"

But Sean couldn't complete his sentence. Because when Kaycee came into his view, Sean suddenly forgot what breathing was. He had never seen her dressed up, forget about make-up. He knew she was pretty without even trying, which was a virtue most girls would die for, but now she looked breathtaking.

Angelic.

Serris had insisted on putting on eyelashes and a little make-up on her while Sarah demanded that Kaycee should have her hair up. So when Kaycee walked downstairs, her hair was in a messy bun and light make-up accentuating her face. The black dress hugged her just in the right places and that leg slit looked like death personified to Sean.

Only Miya's giggle managed to break his train of thoughts.

Blushing furiously and clearing his throat loudly, he said in a scratchy voice, "L-let's go. The c-car on here... I mean in h-here... dammit.... I mean is here."

Seeing Sean stuttering, Kaycee's heart soared and she quietly walked upto him and took his much larger hand in hers.

When Sean startled and jumped out of his skin at her touch, Kaycee leaned towards him and whispered, "For Miya."

Sean mentally slapped himself for thinking something else. He has a girlfriend for fuck's sake, a girlfriend who has helped him through so much. He can't throw her aside just because an angel-

Don't you dare, Sean.

"You guys are so cute, I'm hurt." Miya cooed, her hands on her heart.

Both Sean and Kaycee turned towards her. Kaycee was radiating literal glitters in her eyes as she smiled but thankfully, Miya did not notice the awkwardness in Sean's smile.

"We're getting-"

"Oh yeah, go on. Enjoy yourselves, children."

"Mom we're freaking 24 and 25."

"Don't be too late, CHILDREN." Miya said straining her voice at the word 'children'. "You'll always be my children. No arguments."

Sean sighed and Kaycee giggled at him.

"Shall we?" Sean bopped his head in the direction of the front door. He also had no idea why he was suddenly being so friendly to Kaycee. It just felt right.

But Kaycee didn't mind that at all.

"We shall." She smiled warmly.

Turning back, she waved at Miya and then upstairs towards Cheuk's room where Serris and Sarah were peeking from behind the walls, trying to be subtle.

But weren't really successful, considering that they cat-fighting amongst themselves to get a better view.

They froze when Kaycee waved at them since they thought they were not visible.

Sean tugged on her arm and she saw him gesturing urgently. So with a final goodbye, they left.

"Did you see his-"

"He had heart eyes! He had heart eyes!"

"That boy doesn't realize-"

"He had heart eyes! He had heart eyes!"

"It's gonna happen, someday. I can-"

"HE HAD HEART EYES! HE HAD HEART EYES!"

"SHUT UP!"