Chapter 11

"How about this?"

Sean looked up from his phone when he heard Kaycee's voice.

Kaycee was checking herself out in the mirror. Kaycee didn't like the dress but the woman who was helping her gave it to her and she couldn't refuse. It was a strapless orange knee-length dress which hugged her curves but made her uncomfortable. Too much exposed skin has always made her uncomfortable.

"You look like a carrot."

Kaycee frowned. "You're an ass but you're right."

He went back to his phone. "I'm always right."

Rolling her eyes, she walked back into the dressing room. It had been only twenty minutes since she was here and she was tired already.

In case you're wondering, they did not come here willingly. When they received the invitation for a fundraising party in Tribecca from Cheuk's fellow business client, Dan DeGuzman, Sean's parents told them they had to attend the party. Not only that, they needed new clothes amd suits even though they already had uncountable number of those.

Kaycee tried to reason that she had enough clothes to last a lifetime and Sean tried to convince her that he had too much work. But Miya did not even listen to their protests or whines. She just told Sean to take the day off and Kaycee, that more clothes never hurt, and pushed them into the car.

So now they were in the really expensive boutique where Kaycee was being forced to try on millions of dresses and gowns currently.

"Sean...?"

The soft tone of her voice startled Sean. He looked up and saw Kaycee's head peeking from behind the curtains, staring shyly at him.

"Why are you hiding?"

When Sean said that, she moved the curtains and walked out, her head hanging low.

Sean's brain stopped functioning when Kaycee walked out.

She was wearing a long black dress, with a slit running up her left leg. The dress had thin straps and perfectly accentuated her curves. Not too tight, not too loose. Just perfect. Perfect like her hair, which was straightened, flopping around her back as she approached the mirror.

"Is this good?"

No response.

"Sean?" Kaycee turned to look at him just as Sean snapped out of the daze.

"Yeah... yeah. Y-you should buy this. How much is this. You know what, doesn't matter. Just... just buy this. Umm... excuse me, we are gonna buy this for her."

Kaycee's eyes were searching Sean's face. He was looking everywhere at the shop except at her. The tip of his ears seemd to be pinkish.

Does he... seem flushed?

But what Kaycee didn't know was that Sean was panicking internally.

But before Kaycee could ask him what made so tensed, the girl who was helping her made her way to them.

"Yes, ma'am? Do you like it?"

"Uhh.. yes, yes. We're gonna buy this."

_

"Thank you for visiting us."

Kaycee smiled at her as the girl handed them the bag.

"Please visit us again."

"Wait, we still need-"

"Alright, thank you."

Sean grabbed Kaycee's wrist and dragged her outside the shop. By the time, they were outside, Kaycee's face was warm. Only when they were outside did Sean realize that he was still grabbing onto her wrists. Immediately letting go of her wrists, he cleared his throat loudly.