~ch.1 pg.20~

~~~~(Karma's PoV)~~~~

I left the meeting in anger and disgust about the whole situation but then saw Asano leaning against the wall a couple feet away from the door and chuckles a bit.

"What you chuckling at, dipsh*t??" I said in anger as I his way since it was the way to my room.

"None, just none," he said as he smiled and shamed his head before getting off the wall.

"Then why you chuckling like a weirdo," I said still annoyed.

"It's just that... Since when the all might Karma Akabane care about his kingdom?? Never once tried to stand up for them, but now I could hear you from outside stating that they are good people," Asano smirked.

"You're an annoying Bastard, you know that right?" I said before turning left.

"Probably because of Nagisa right???" He said, I froze for a moment but then left, as I ignored the rest of his comments.

I hate this palace

~~~~~{Nagisa's pov}~~~~~~

A couple hours later after Karma and his cousin, Asano left, our mother came home. As soon as she set a foot in the house, Okuda and her friend kept talking about Karma and Asano, and how they were good looking and was willing to spend time with them, and how they might looks good together.

Kayano and I finished cleaning the kitchen and our faces before she came home, so Kayano and I were just chilling and eating pie.

"Well don't that sound lovely dear," my mother said in a nice and loving tone that makes my heart clench.

Sometimes, well not sometimes but every time my own mother show affection towards Kayano, Okuda or even a stranger, makes me feel jealous on how my OWN mom priorities them first before me.

"I know right mother, and not only that, but he's mysteriooous," Okuda said in a giddy tone.

"Oh how so?" My mom said, then Okuda's friend chimed in.

"They were both wearing masks mothe-..." Before Amanda could even finish her sentence she stopped.

"Sorry Ms. Shiota, I-"

"Its okay dear, I think of you as my daughter as well. I don't mind you calling me your mother," my own mother said.

My heart clenched even tighter. I felt like I wanted to be sick. Here I am, not being able to call my own mother, "mother" or "mom" or "ma" or even "mommy". I have to Calle her miss. And I'm her own child! Yet she's perfectly fine letting someone else call her that even though she didn't adopt them or is related by blood.

I was Almsot half way done with my pie, but hearing someone I want to show me affection and show it to someone else, my whole appetite was gone.

"You okay?" Kayano whispered, trying not to get caught.

"Yeah, I just had enough pie, you can eat the rest," I said as I slid the plate towards her, and told her to have a good day before going up to my room, or the attic I must say instead.

I slumped down on the worn out mattress face first and groaned.

Today was a bit complicated.

Couldn't meet up with Karma, I saw him but couldn't really talk to him.

And my own mother accepting someone else as her own child then her actual biological child.

I smiled a bit though, thanks to Kayano and her goofiness.