Ch. 3

~Austin's P.O.V.~

I wake up to the delicous smell of pancakes. Piper must be making them. I walk into the kitchen and see Piper standing over the stove. I walk over and hug her from behind. She turns and kisses my cheek before she takes the pancakes off the stove. Soon the others are up and we eat breakfast. After breakfast we go home to get ready before a day at set. 

"Helloooo." Piper says as she enters my house.  

"What did I do? Give you a key or something?" I ask. 

"Yup. But your door was unlocked." she answers. She goes to sit on the couch and turns the t.v. on. I can't hear what she's watching, but at some points I hear her laugh. 

"Whatcha watchin'?" I ask. 

"Disney." she answers. 

"Of course. What else is new?" I ask as I go upstairs.

"This episode." she sasses back. Not even five minutes later I hear someone come running up the stairs and Piper barges into my room. 

"What's wrong?" I ask. 

"My mom needs me to go home. She says there's an emergency. I'll be right back." Piper tells me. I nod and she runs outside. I go back downstairs to wait for her when I hear tires screech and someone scream. I run outside and see Piper on the ground and a man standing over her. 

"Call 911." I tell the man. He nods and I kneel down to Piper. She doesn't move but she has a pulse and is breathing. Soon the ambulance is coming down the road and they load Piper into the back. 

"Can I come?" I ask. 

"Are you related to her?" the man asks. I shake my head. 

"No. But I'm her boyfriend." I tell him. He nods and I jump in the back with the men and Piper. I decide to call the whole gang and tell them what happened. 

"Hey Austin. What's up?" Olivia ask cheerfully. 

"Meet us at the hospital. Piper got hit by a truck." I tell her. I hear her gasp then hang up and call everyone else. 

~*~

When we finally get to the hospital, they wheel Piper off into Surgery and I wait in the waiting room. 

"Where's Piper?" Sarah yells as she, Olivia, and Peyton all run in. 

"Surgery." I answer. They all come to sit next to me and we wait for an hour. 

"Piper Curda's family." the lady calls. Right then I remember I never called Piper's mom. 

"They're not here." I answer. 

"And who are you guys?" the lady asks. 

"Her best friends." we all answer. The lady nods then tells us where to go. On the way, I call Piper's mom and tell her what happened. We enter the room and see Piper laying on a bed. 

"She just got out of surgery so she should be tired. She has a broken arm and a fractured shoulder. She could've been worse but luckily she landed on her side." the doctor told us. 

"Hey guys." she said quietly. 

"Piper!" we all yelled and ran over to her. 

"We're so glad you're okay!" Sarah said. She smiled and closed her eyes like she was thinking of a way to say something. 

"I need to talk to Austin really quick. Can you guys leave?" she asked. They gave her a confused look but walked out anyways. 

"What's up?" I ask. Piper took a deep breath before speaking. 

"I'm pregnant."