Ch. 10

~Piper's P.O.V.~

I walk onto set with Austin carrying Avery in her car seat/ carrier.  

"Is this the beautiful Avery Hastings Curda I've heard so much about?" Claire asks instantly running over to me. I smile as she coons to Avery. Soon the whole set help is over by us and talking to me, Austin, or Avery. 

"How are you doing, Piper?" Jim asked. 

"Good. Is it alright if I leave at 12:15 to go clear some things up on ABC News?" I ask. 

"Of course. They're being really mean to you and Avery so go right ahead." Andy says. 

"Thank you. I should be back by 1:15." I tell them. Andy and Jim nod. Then the rest of the cast comes and we start a morning full of energy and filming. 

~*~

At 1:15, I put Avery in the car and drive to ABC News with Austin, Olivia, Sarah, and Peyton. Well, the other took their own car. I park and see paps everywhere. 

"This can't be good." I tell Austin. 

"It's alright. You get Avery, I'll cover you." Austin assures me. I climb in the back, unhook Avery and pull her out, along with her car seat. 

"Piper! Austin!" people yell at us everywhere. I had put a blanket over Avery so she didn't go blind with the flashes. Austin kept my hand in his as he pulled us inside. We waited five minutes for the others then checked in. 

"Go right ahead." the receptionist said with a bland voice. We go down the hall and into the studio. 

"Good, you're here. What are they all doing here?" a lady asks. 

"They're my friends and they're staying." I state firmly. The lady nods. 

"I'm Robin and this is Dave." the lady says. I sit down on a couch and Austin sits next to me. I set the car seat on the ground and pull out Avery. 

"Well she is just cute. Why is there so much hate going on about her?" Dave asked. We all shrugged. 

"I guess the story one of the other reports made up made me look like a slut so, as everyone thinks they should, they automatically hate her." I state. 

"Alright. Let's begin." a man says. "In three, two, one!" 

"Hi, I'm Robin Nancy." Robin smiles. 

"And I'm Dave Rupert. We're here with Piper and Avery Curda. Along with their friends Austin North, Olivia Holt, Sarah Gilman, and Peyton Clark. Can you please tell us how Avery came to be?" Dave says. 

"Well, it's true she was an accident. She's not Austin's and I was forced to do it." I say. I can already feel tears and it helps when Austin wraps an arm around me. 

"Who's is she then?" Robin asked. 

"My dad's." I whisper. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't quite catch that. Did you just say your dad's?" Dave asked. I nod. "So your dad raped you and you ended up with Avery?" I nod again. I don't notice it until I feel a tear drop on my bare leg. I'm crying. Good thing I used water proof mascara. 

"It's alright, Piper. We just wanted to know. So, how is Austin taking this?" Robin asked. 

"He actually is playing the father of Avery. As for all my friends, they're just great with her. Especially Olivia." I smile. We talk and joke around for half an hour and get everything cleared up. 

"Well that's all for now. See ya guys later!" Robin smiles. Then they cut to a commercial and we leave. We run out to the car and I drive back to set.