Ch. 16

~Piper's P.O.V.~ 

We run into the hospital and over to the receptionist. 

"Name." she says. 

"Avery Hastings Curda." I say. She gives me a strange look. 

"And who are you?" she asks. 

"I'm her mom." I tell her. 

"You're too young. Unless your name is Piper Joy Curda and Austin Michael North, you can't go see her." the lady says looking at a page of paper. I pull out my ID and so does Austin. "Room 146 on the right." 

"Thank you." I say. The way I said it was kind of meanly but she was making me mad. We walk down the hall and into Avery's room. 

"Mommy! Daddy!" Avery yelled when she saw us. 

"Avery!" I say. I go over and hug her. She had a mask on her face to help her breath easier. 

"Mommy, why's this thing on my face?" Avery asks pulling at the mask. I gently pry her hands off. 

"It's helping you breath." I explain. She nods. For being a two year old, she's being really good about this. I turn to see Kallie in the room as well. "Thank you for bringing her to the hospital." I say. 

"You're welcome. I just hope she'll come back and join us again soon." Kallie says. "You must be Austin North. Avery's father?" 

"Kind of." Austin answers. Luckily, Avery wasn't listening. "Her father is some maniac, crazed man. So I play her father." 

"That's nice. Well, I'd better get going." Kallie says. 

"Bye Ms. Kallie!" Avery waves. 

"Bye Avery! Bye Piper." Kallie says. 

"Bye." I say. Avery just plays with some toys the doctors brought her in the bed. Every now and then, a doctor will come in to check on her. Me and Austin went down to McDaonald's and bought dinner there. The doctors let Avery take her mask off so she could eat but then she had to put it right back on. Soon after, Avery fell asleep. I was really tired as well. Me and Austin were sitting on chairs in the room. I fell asleep before we left. 

~Austin's P.O.V.~

At about 10:00pm, I decide me and Piper should probably go back home. I turn to see Piper fast asleep and Avery's sleeping as well. I turn off the lights and turn the t.v. on. Piper soon wakes up and I turn the t.v. back off. 

"Hey sleepy head." I say. She smiles and stretches. "We should get going. You have a long day at set and so do I." she nods and gets up. We walk out to my car and drive home. Piper goes up to bed immediatly and I soon follow. But first I post something on Twitter. 'Get well soon, @averyhastingscurda! We miss u at home!' Yup, after Avery was born and the world found out about her, me and Piper made her a Twitter account. We help her post funny things and other stuff on it. Soon I hear someone walk into the house. 

"What do you mean 'Get well soon Avery! We miss you at home!'?" Olivia asks. 

"She had an asthma attack." I explain. "You know, you're more like her sister than her aunt sometimes." 

"How?" Olivia asks. 

"Well first of all, you just walk into the house. Second, you do everything with her. And third, you're always over here." I tell her. 

"Is that a problem?" Olivia asks sitting down on the couch. 

"Nope." I answer. "What are you still doing up?" 

"I don't know." she shrugs. "Couldn't sleep." 

"What happened, Liv?" I ask. She can always sleep unless something's bothering her. 

"Luke broke up with me. It's fine though because I caught him cheating." Olivia says. She looks away but I can tell she's crying. 

"What's happening down here?" Piper asks. I look up at her then motion to Olivia. "Liv, what happened?" 

"Luke cheated. Then said I was a cheater and broke up with me." she cried. Piper went over and hugged her. This day just doesn't want to end, does it?