Ch. 13

~Piper's P.O.V.~

"Dad?" I ask. 

"Yup. Now give me the other girl." my dad demands. 

"Never." Austin says. He leans down and whispers something to Avery. She nods and Austin starts towards us. My dad drops his gun but lunges towards Austin. 

"Go get Aunt Olivia!" I yell at Avery. She nods and runs off. 

"Go with Avery!" Austin tells me. I look between him and Avery then launch out the door. I grab Avery on the way and run down to Olivia's house. She's only two houses down and I burst through her door. 

"Olivia!" I scream. I hear someone running down the stairs. 

"What's wrong?" she panics. 

"My dad. He's back and he's in our house. Call 911." I tell her. She nods and pulls out her phone. I leave Avery with Olivia then run down to Austin's house again. My dad isn't as young as he was to years ago so Austin is taking him down easy. In fact, he looks really bad because of all the drugs he's had. 

"The police are on their way." I tell Austin. 

"Why would you call the police on your own father?" my dad asks. 

"You're not my dad anymore. Everyone else disowned me after you made me pregnant. Thanks for that by the way. I'm really happy with Avery." I tell him. He glares at me. He gets up to do something but the police barg through the door and grab him. Olivia and Avery run through the door and the police haul him off. Apparently, he was some wanted criminal and they didn't even need us to tell them what happened. 

"Mommy! Daddy!" Avery yells and runs over to us. 

"Hey baby girl! We're okay!" Austin laughs. I look at Olivia. 

"You guys good?" she asks. 

"For now." my dad says as they pull him out of the house. 

"He's gonna come back." I whisper. I'm terrified of what he'll do. He was in the army for a few years and he'll be in better condition to fight. Austin comes over and hugs me. I cry into his shoulder. 

"I'll bring Avery back later." Olivia says. She and Avery walk out of the house. Me and Austin walk over to the couch and I curl up into his arms. 

"It'll be okay." Austin says. I shake my head. 

"He was in the army. He'll recover from his drugs in jail then come for us with even more anger." I tell Austin. 

"No he won't. The police heard his threat and they'll watch him even closer now." Austin says. I nod and just curl up closer to him. We've been dating for about three years now, but Avery made it so we're like a married couple. I just hope we don't have some horrible break up that completely ruins Avery. In fact, it would ruin her completely if we broke up. 

"Austin?" I ask. 

"Yeah?" 

"What would happen if we broke up?" I ask. He thinks about it for a while. I start to get nervous then he talks. 

"Well, that won't happen. You want to know why?" Austin asked. I nod. He get up and faces me. He pulls something out of his pocket and smiles. I gasp and put my hands over my mouth. 

"Oh my goodness, Austin!" I say. 

"Hey! I prepared a speech you're going to listen to." Austin jokes. I laugh at him then let him speak. "Piper Joy Curda, you are the funniest, pretties, and most amazing girl I've ever met. I've loved every moment I spend with you. I love hanging out with you and Avery and can't imagine my life without either of you girls. Will you please marry me?" Austin says. By the end of his speech, I had tears in my eyes. All I could do we nod. He put the ring on my finger and kissed me. This day couldn't be better.