xii.

CHAPTER TWELVE.

adrianna saint laurent
perspective

adrianna saint laurentperspective

---

"MOVE AWAY, KOTA." I groan as I push Kota's legs off the bench. He was sprawled on the bench like a dead body.

"Annie, you know my body is sixty years old. My legs hurt after running around the school." Kota pouts, pointing at his legs.

"Maybe that's why you should exercise every day and not just eat," I mutter as I take a seat next to him.

"I'm just doing everything you do," Kota arches an eyebrow at me, staring at me like I was uttering pure nonsense.

"I do exercise, what are you talking about?" I scoff, furrowing my eyes.

I climb five floors worth of stairs every day in school, that's my daily exercise done.

"Climbing stairs does not count as exercise, Anna." Nico takes a seat opposite us, shaking his head at me with a small smile.

What the fuck, did he just read my mind?

"Yes, it does. I burn calories and I get physically tired." I scoff, rolling my eyes at him.

"Mhm, sure. Whatever satisfies you," Nico chuckles, sending me a small smile.

"Food satisfies me a lot," I state, chuckling at Nico.

"And here's all the food you ordered, your highness." I hear Theo's voice and bags containing food are dropped on the table.

"Woah. Perfect timing, Ambrose." I lightly punch his arm as he takes a seat next to me.

"Where's the stuff that I wanted?" Kota whines as he goes through the bags, frowning at Theo.

"Elijah is bringing the rest of them. I came first because he forgot to get something, I don't know what." Theo shrugs as he takes his food from one of the bags.

"Why's he taking so long?" Kota groans, resting his head on the table.

"Last time I checked, I was the most impatient person here, not you."

It was very clear that that voice could only belong to Elijah Winchester, no one had that much depth to their voice as he did.

I turn around to see him standing behind me, he glances at me before keeping the bags on the table. To my surprise, he takes a seat next to me without saying a word.