xxxv.

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE.

adrianna saint laurent
perspective

adrianna saint laurentperspective

-

"SEVEN IS WAY TOO EARLY TO BE HERE." I hiss, glaring at the huge, luxury coaches in front of me, standing on the school grounds.

The school had told us to be standing on the academy grounds at seven a.m. sharp so we could get on the coaches which would drive us to the outskirts of New York, where the whole tournament was set. And it would take around two hours for that.

"Ah, why are you so moody, sunshine?" Theo muses, wrapping his arm around my shoulder, smiling so brightly to the point I could almost feel my eyes getting blinded by his damn smile.

"Because of you," I hiss, "I don't get how my guards let you in with that fucking trumpet."

"I found it in your mansion," he corrects, chuckling at me, tilting his head at me but his smile doesn't even fade a bit.

"That doesn't mean you blow that fucking trumpet near my ear and wake me up!" I throw him my scariest glare, "Were you planning on destroying my hearing?"

"But you weren't waking up when I tried so I had to use something else," he shrugs and I could see him holding back his smirk.

"Oh, Ambrose," I smile, "I swear when I get that bow and arrow, I'll aim it at your head. Or better, if there's a lake, I'll fucking drown you. I swear."

"I know you won't do that, love," he smiles, patting my head, "You love me too much for that."

"There's a thin line between love and hate, sweetie," I feign a smile.

"You're not capable of doing that. You're too nice for that," he chuckles, shaking his head at me.

"You know, I never told you the worse thing I did to get expelled," I smile, pushing his arm off my shoulder.

"I drowned a boy in the school's pool because he was annoying me, just like you," I whisper lowly, looking into his eyes, watching the amused glint in his eyes vanish.

It was a lie. I didn't drown anyone. I just pushed the guy into a pool.

"No way you did that," he murmurs, squinting his eyes at me, thinking whether to believe me or not.

"I broke someone's arms and legs. What makes you think I won't hold back from drowning someone?" I let out a laugh, smiling at Theo.

"Shit. You're serious," he gasps, widening his eyes at me as he takes a step back from me. I had to mentally and physically control myself from laughing at him, especially at the look in his eyes.

"What's with that look on your face?"

I smile, glancing at Elijah who was standing on our side with Kota and Nico on either side. They had just come back from ticking our names on the register since I wasn't bothered to walk half a mile to the other end of the ground.