xlii.

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO.

adrianna saint laurent
perspective

adrianna saint laurent perspective

-

"SMILE, YOU FOOL." I groan, narrowing my eyes at my boyfriend as he stood in front of the camera, next to The Louvre with his lips pressed into a straight line.

"I just smiled," he murmurs, letting out a sigh.

"You're useless," I scoff, "Come here, let's take a selfie," I gesture him to walk to me and without uttering another word, he walks towards me stands next to me.

"Mhm, this is better," he hums, wrapping his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him as I lift my phone.

I smile at the camera, watching him look at me through the camera. I click our selfie. I was the one smiling at the camera while he looked down at me with a small smile. Now, that's an adorable selfie.

I put my phone in my pocket, holding onto his hand as we start walking around. I notice a flower stall and I glance at it from the corner of my eyes but before I could tell Elijah about it, he was already dragging me towards it.

We stand in front of the flower stall and I smile at the flowers in the front. I turn my head around to glance at the vases at the corner and when I turn around I see Elijah holding a bouquet of white and pink tulips towards me.

"Tulips are your favourite, aren't they?" He smiles as I take the bouquet from his hand.

I smile at him, tilting my head, "Stalker," I murmur.

"Mhm, no. I just know you well," he hums, giving a banknote to the lady, more than the bouquet was worth and she smiles at us before we walk away from her.

"Right," I hum, "Bet you read a file on me and found out all my likes and dislikes," I narrow my eyes at him, holding back my smile.

He lets out a laugh, rolling his eyes in amusement, "You were hidden from the world all your life. There's nothing about you. Even a detective can't find shit about you."

I flick my hair, smiling at him, "Damn, I do feel good about that. Feels nice to be a mystery."

"Mhm, not anymore," Elijah chuckles, "Everyone knows who you are now. Literally everyone."

I nod with a smile, "Good, as they should. Now I don't need to waste any energy to introduce myself to people."

"I like that mindset," he murmurs as he looks into my eyes, grinning at me.

"You better because you're stuck with this," I grin, pointing to myself while my gaze drifts to the aroma coming out of the bakery nearby.

"Wanna get something from the bakery?" I arch an eyebrow at him and he looks at the bakery in front of us.