xxvii.

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN.

adrianna saint laurent
perspective

adrianna saint laurent perspective

---

I CLENCH MY fist, trying not to make my hands quiver. For the first time, I was afraid to look into his eyes. He was gazing at me with such harshness, confusion and distraught and my heart clenched, knowing this wasn't going to end well.

I was scared, scared to death.

He was going to figure it all out, if not now then sooner or later, he will know everything.

And when he did figure it all out, he wouldn't be so understanding like Nico.

Since Elijah Winchester wasn't a warm person, to begin with, and once he finds everything out, he will be bitter and cold to me like the deadly frost of winter.

"It's the case which I'm researching on," I mutter, walking towards him and glancing at the files in his hand.

"And you just got all these files that easily? The same files which were locked away and never revealed to the public," he takes a step closer to me and I could feel his deadly aura emitting from him.

This was the Elijah Winchester everyone knew, the boy who never backed away once his mind was set on what he wanted.

And now he wanted to know how he got these files and how I knew about them.

And once he gets the answer to these questions, there is no doubt that he will loathe me.

"Yes, it's not that surprising," I frown, trying to take the file away from him but he doesn't let me.

"How did you even find out about this accident?" He seethes, "This was the same accident my childhood best friend was involved in. The same accident which took her away from me, forcing her to move away from here."

Childhood best friend he says, when he can't even realise that the girl he's talking about is standing in front of him.

"Why do you want to know how I got the files? Just leave and pretend like you didn't see them," I hiss, glaring at him, only making the atmosphere around us more intense.

"Because I wanted to get these files but I failed every time. I wanted to know what happened to her. I wanted to know why she left," he mutters, looking down at me with a harsh glare.

"Why do you care about her so much? You don't even know what she looks like," I whisper, looking over at him with bitterness.

"So what? That doesn't change the fact that she's important to me. I've known her ever since I was born," he whispers, taking a step back from me as he presses his fingers against his forehead, trying to calm himself down.