xxxvi.

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX.

adrianna saint laurent
perspective

adrianna saint laurent perspective

-

"LUCA CASTILLO." I smile at the dark-haired boy as he grins at me, his eyes shining like pots of gold under the sunlight.

"I didn't expect to meet you here," Luca chuckles, "Is this fate?"

Still the same flirt.

I chuckle, shaking my head, "Call it whatever you want but it's a coincidence."

"How do you know him?" Elijah murmurs, narrowing his eyes at Luca as he stands behind me.

I press my lips into a thin line, "Well, he's my cousin's-."

"What did I ever do to deserve to see you here?"

It doesn't take me long to recognise who that voice belonged to. No matter how harsh his tone was, I knew he was happy to see me on the inside.

"Ah, I know you missed me, Kadey," I smile at the blonde standing in front of me, his friends standing on either side.

"Fuck him but I missed you, Adri." Aria Arora pushes Kade to the side, making her way towards me with a smile playing on her crimson lips.

"Hey, Aria." I muse as she wraps her arms around me, pulling me into a hug.

"Out of all days, we had to meet on this sweaty day." Aria frowns as we break the hug.

I nod my head, "I know right!" I scoff, "Like why would you arrange a sports tournament on the last day of school? Everyone will be sweating."

"Well, good thing I'm not playing," Aria chuckles, grinning at me.

"What? Why not?" I frown in confusion, raising my eyebrow at her.

"I'm part of the medical team so I'll be looking after those who are injured. Better than running around all day, I can just walk around peacefully," she shrugs, smiling at me.

"Lucky bitch," I murmur, "I wish I could do that."

"Adri, you will be the one injuring people." Kade scoffs, rolling his eyes at me and I throw him a glare.

"She already gave a boy a bloody nose," Elijah murmurs and I elbow him in the stomach, ignoring their stares.

"Where are the others?" I look around, noticing the boys talking to each other. Ah, they looked like they were good friends.

"Issy is the announcer," Aria smiles, pointing to the huge speakers around the field, "And Ellis, she's with Blake. He had to go with her to get some snacks since she's the biggest troublemaker. She could start a fight with anyone."

"But what are you doing for today?" Aria glances back at me, waiting for my reply.

"Archery," I murmur as I watch her smile fade a little, staring at me with surprise.