xxii.

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO.

adrianna saint laurent
perspective

adrianna saint laurentperspective

--

MY HEART RATE quickens as I look into his eyes, trying to quickly process some excuses. This wasn't meant to happen. Never did I think that this would happen this soon.

Everything is going to go downhill now.

"I came to visit someone and I decided to take a walk up here," I mutter, cringing at my stupid lie. There was no way he could believe that.

"But what are you doing here? Did you leave school at lunch just to come here?" I arch an eyebrow at him.

He chuckles, a humourless chuckle, "My family owns this hospital and I was called to come here to meet a family friend who was here."

Great, I was stupid enough to forget that this hospital belonged to none other than Nicholas Harrington's family.

With that brain, Nico was bound to put all the pieces together and figure everything as much as I hoped he didn't.

"You know, I would believe the first part but you can't enter this floor since only some people have the permission to enter. In most cases, you have to be related to the patient," he states, narrowing his eyes at me, trying to figure out how the hell I ended up here.

"Don't you trust me enough to believe that I didn't mean to come up here, Nico?" I look into his amber eyes.

"I trust you, Anna. But this floor belongs to the Lennox family and there's very tight security so there's no way you can just accidentally come up here," he states, taking a step closer to me.

"You're related to them, aren't you? Tell me," his voice is low as he stares into my eyes, waiting for an answer to come out of my mouth.

"I'm only a family friend, nothing more. I didn't want anyone to know about this, so please don't come up with silly things," I sigh, looking back into his eyes.

He smiles at me but it wasn't his usual, genuine smile, it was a cunning smile, showing that he knew everything, "I'm not like the rest of them. You can't fool me. It's better to tell me the truth now."

"I'm telling you that I'm just a family friend. I'm not related to them." I breathed out, hoping he would just believe me but Nicholas Harrington wasn't the one to back off that easily.

"There's a list of people who can enter this floor since you should know how strong Lennox's security is. I looked at that list and I'm pretty sure that there was only one girl's name on that list," Nico states, moving his face closer to mine, his eyes not leaving mine.

"Adrianna Saint Laurent," he whispers my name, looking into my eyes, waiting for a reaction.

I stay silent as he waited for an answer to leave my mouth but I couldn't say anything. He had figured everything out and he wasn't going to back away from this easily. No matter how I tried.