xxxi.

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE.

adrianna saint laurent
perspective

adrianna saint laurentperspective

-

I FEEL THE sun's ray hit my face and I tighten my eyes shut. I'm about to move my face to dodge the light but shade soon takes over. Feeling confused, I slowly open my eyes to see what was happening.

Elijah's eyes are the first thing I see when I open my eyes. He was holding his hand over my face, blocking the brightness.

I glance into his eyes for a few seconds before lowering my gaze, inspecting the position I was in.

I was cuddled up in his arms, pressed against his hard-coiled body. His hand was under my t-shirt, holding onto my bare waist. I take a deep breath in, trying to compose myself. But I still couldn't control the butterflies erupting in my stomach.

I try sitting up but I'm pulled back down, straight into his arm again. I look at him and throw him a glare, trying to remove his arms from me.

"Leave me, Elijah," I murmur, moving my face away from his so he doesn't smell my morning breath. Let's be realistic, no one had a perfect, minty morning breath.

"Alright," he chuckles, taking his arms off me. I sit up and look around me to check up on the others.

Kota had his arms and legs on Nico, suffocating the poor boy but he was still sleeping peacefully. I smile when I notice Kota smiling in his sleep. God, he was like a baby. Well, mentally he was one.

On the other side, Theo had rolled off the mattress. He was sleeping on the floor, cuddling with his pillow and I could have almost said that he was kissing it.

I glance at Kota again, smiling at him but I stop smiling when I see his lips twitching. He grabs my hand out of nowhere and opens his eyes, "Hi, Annie!" He shouts and I let out a squeal, taken back by his loud voice.

"God, I thought there weren't any roosters in this area," Theo groans, opening his eyes, looking at us as he slowly sits up.

"It's the rooster we brought with us," Nico groans, opening his eyes and glaring at Kota who was smiling like a kid.

Now, everyone was awake because of Kota.

"He eats speakers," I mutter, glancing at Kota as I get up, shaking my head at him.

I walk upstairs and enter my room before walking into my bathroom. I wash my face and brush my teeth, throwing all the drowsiness away. I walk into my room and look into the mirror as I brush my hair.

I walk downstairs and notice that all of them were clearing up the living room, packing up the mattress as they kept it back into the storeroom.

"We should have a picnic," Kota suggests, grinning at us as we enter the kitchen.