xl.

CHAPTER FORTY.

adrianna saint laurent
perspective

adrianna saint laurent perspective

-

"YOU'RE GLARING TOO HARD." I mutter, glancing at my boyfriend as he continues to glare at the men in the park while we walk towards the picnic spot where our friends were waiting for us.

Since it was blazing hot, I had removed my white cardigan and wrapped it around my neck, leaving me with my white corset top and my blue pleated skirt and it looked like that was the reason I was getting stares from the men around here.

One man whistled at me and Elijah threw a punch on his jaw. That sure was fun to watch.

"No, I'm not," he frowns, "I'm just trying to drive those fuckers away. They're disgusting me with the way they're staring at you."

"Mhm, it's all because of my skirt. Guess it's attracting them. Typical male behaviour," I murmur under my breath.

"No. You can wear whatever the hell you want. You and your clothes are not the problem here," he states with a stern look.

"They are the problem. They should know how to respect women by keeping their eyes to themselves before I pull them out," he hisses, throwing a glare at a man who had just walked past us.

"Do you have the right equipment to pull their eyes out?" I chuckle, glancing at them.

He glances at me, narrowing his eyes at me, "I don't think you should be encouraging that behaviour, Adri."

"Why not? It's fun being violent," I shrug, smiling at him, "And you're the most violent person here."

"After you, love," he corrects.

"Elijah?" I hum.

"Yes?" He mumbles, glancing at me.

"Are you up for going to Paris with me?" I look at him, watching him furrow his eyebrows at me.

"Paris? Why? I mean, I'm totally up for it as long as I'm with you," he shrugs, giving me a small smile.

"I'm invited to my friend's brother's wedding. My dad and I were invited but he can't attend since he has a business trip so I want you to be my date. Is that fine?" I glance at him and he nods his head at me.

"Of course, it is," he smiles, "I'll happily be your date and we can also visit other places in France after the wedding."

"You sound happy about visiting France," I chuckle, holding onto his arm, glancing up at him.

"Shouldn't I be happy that I'm visiting the place where my girlfriend was born?" He arches an eyebrow at me, a smile forcing its way on his lips.

"Oh, yes. You should be," I nod with a smile.