HOMECOMING GAME DAY

I looked in the mirror at my outfit. A pair of light wash, ripped skinny jeans, a black tank top underneath the Jersey with the number one on it. My hair was left down and I had on my brown Ariat boots.

I grabbed my phone and bag, before heading upstairs. I woke up almost an hour later than usual, so I didn't have enough time for a normal breakfast, so i just grabbed an apple and walked out to my truck.

Thankfully, Theo handled my morning chores for me. I was up trying to finish up the last few details of my English project. Jake and I finished it a few days ago. I had everything I needed for my final paper on it,  but I have been so busy, that I forgot to write.

I got to school ten minutes before first period started and I was filling it when someone came up to me. " Hey." I heard. I turned around and saw a girl that I didn't know standing behind me. She has shoulder length blonde hair, and bright green eyes. She was taller than me, but then, most people were.

" Uh, hi." I said. " I'm Chloe Watson. I'm new here." She said. " I'm Adrienne." I said. I grabbed the last of my stuff, and closed my locker before turning back to face her. Sorta.

" Uh, where are you moving from?" I asked her. " Brooklyn, New York." She said. My eyebrow went up a little. " Dang. That's a bit of a drive." I said. She chuckled and nodded. " It is. I moved in with my Dad after my parents divorce." She said. " Oh, I'm sorry." I told her. She shrugged.

" Don't be. It's difficult, and a little weird, but it was definitely for the best." She said. Not knowing what else to say, I changed the subject. " Uh, what's your first class?" I asked her. She pulled the paper out of her shorts pocket.

" Uh, English with Mr. Hynes." She said. I nodded. " Exactly where I'm headed. Come on." I said. We walked to class. Walking in, I saw Mr. Hynes sitting on the front of his desk, talking to Jordyn. He looked at us and focused on Chloe.

" You must be my new student." He said. She nodded. Mr. Hynes has become a lot nicer the last couple weeks. I went and sat next to Jake. He was smiling at me. " What?" I asked, setting my bag down. He shook is head. " Nothing." He said, looking back at the board.

" Okay, class. First, we have a new student, today. Would you like to introduce yourself?" He asked her. She gave him a small smile, before turning to the class. Looking around the room, she had most of the guys staring right at her. I rolled my eyes. " Boys." I muttered.

Jake laughed and I shook my head. " Yeah. I'm Chloe Watson. I am eighteen, and I just moved here from New York." She said. " Welcome to Alabama, Chloe. Go ahead and find your seat and we'll get started." He told her.

She sat down in the empty seat next to Jordyn and Mr. Hynes began his lesson.

" So, what's this project the Mr. Hynes was talking about?" Chloe asked, as her, Jake, and I walked to lunch. " He partnered us up with someone and we had to hang out with that person for a month and get to know them, before writing a paper about the things you learned from them." Jake said.

She nodded. " So you guys were partnered?" She asked. We nodded. We got to the lunch line and grabbed our food. " Aloha friends." I said.

" Aloha, Dre." Everyone said in unison and we all laughed. " Who's the pretty lady?" Ryder asked. Chloe blushed lightly as Ryder smirked at her.

" This is Chloe. She's new. Chloe, these are our friends." I said. Ryder pushed Tobi out of the seat next to him and pat it. " She can sit next to me." He said. Tobi stood up, glaring at his best friend.

" Jerk." He said, sitting next to Caleb. " Okay. There are a lot of us, so bear with me here." I told her. She nodded. " So, you met Jake. These are his two best friends Caleb, and Taylor. This is my twin brother, Andrew. This is Tanner and Tori, my adoptive siblings, along with Tobi over there. This is Poppy, who is with Kai over there, and Leah-Lynn is with Drew. Ryder is Tobi's best friend, sadly." I joked.