HOMECOMING

" I don't think I like this." I told the girls. We were sitting in a nail salon and they somehow managed to convince me into getting acrylics. And I don't think I will ever do this again. Poppy sighed. " You know, it's not a crime to be a girl sometimes, Dre." She said. I chuckled. " I act like a girl. I just... I'm not a girly girl. I could've easily painted my nails for this thing." I said.

" Yes, but that's not as fun. This is a girl's day." Tori said. I shook my head. " Okay. What's after this?" I asked them. " We get food, and then we head back to your house to get ready." Leah said.

I nodded. " Now that, I can do." I said. They laughed. After that, we grabbed some Chinese food before heading back to my house. An hour later, and we are all sitting in my room, doing each others hair, listening to music, and eating the food. " So this is what you guys do? Just sit in Adrienne's bedroom, eating food and listening to music?" I heard from the doorway.

I looked over and saw Jake leaning on the door frame, arms crossed. I smiled at him, and he smiled back. I saw Taylor roll her eyes, from the corner of my eyes. " Must you two silently flirt right in front of us?" She asked. Jake chuckled, while I rolled my eyes at her.

" And if you must know, yes, this is what we do." Poppy said. He shook his head, a smile on his face. " Tay... Tanner has something to ask you. He's upstairs." He told her. With a confused look on her face, she left the room. I walked over to Jake, the excitement very evident on my face.

" Please tell me he is doing what I think he's doing?" I asked him. He nodded. " It took the guys and I a week to get him to man up and ask her." He said. I let out a small, excited squeal. Something I don't usually do. " Finally! Do you know how many conversations have been about her? ' Taylor looked so beautiful today.' ' She always smell so nice.' ' She is so tough.' ' I love her red hair.' I have almost punched him several times." I told him. He chuckled.

" Yes, we get it. Your brother is annoying. Now, we have to do your hair, so Jacob, beat it." Poppy said. He nodded. " You girls have fun." He said. He gave me another smile before leaving. " You are some kind of witch." Tori said. I looked at her. " What?" I asked her. " Do you know how long it's been since Jacob Hart has smiled? Let alone looked truly happy?" Leah asked. I shook my head.

" Dre, no one has seen Jake smile since his mom died." Poppy said. I sighed. " I doubt that. It was seven years ago. He has to have smiled once. Right?" I asked. They all shook their heads. I sighed and looked at the picture of Jake and I that is on my night stand. I was leaning against the dropped tailgate of his truck, in front of him as he sat on the tailgate. Tori came around with her camera, and yelled, ' Say cheese,' and he wrapped his arms around me.

I've known how I feel about Jake, but now, I keep wondering, how does he feel about me?

- JAKE'S P.O.V. -

I walked downstairs, absolutely despising this suit. " How do people wear these things?" I asked. Maisie came over, standing up on the chair, and began fixing my tie. " You're only wearing the shirt, Jake. Stop being such a baby." She said. " Thanks Mai. Feeling the love." I said, rolling my eyes. She smiled. " I'm happy that you found someone that makes you happy, big bro." She said.

I smiled st her. She patted my shoulder, and looked me in the eye. " But, you hurt her, I'll hurt you." She said. I chuckled. " Yeah, what she said." Drew said, walking downstairs.

" Don't worry. I have no plans to hurt her." I said. " You better not." He warned. He was having trouble with his tie, so Maisie helped him out. " Where'd you learn how to tie a tie?" I asked.

" Alana." She said. I raised an eyebrow. " Who's Alana?" I asked. " Carter's girlfriend." She said. What girlfriend? " Mai, when was the last time you saw Carter?" I asked. She paised for a second, thinking. " Two days ago. He came by granddad's, to help move the car to the shed." She said.