Chapter 18

"Morning, boys," Ivy said as she sat down next to Newt.

"Hey, Ivy," Chuck greeted with a smile. Thomas and Newt gave their greetings as well as they ate.

"How're you holding up?" Ivy questioned, looking at Thomas.

The boy shrugged.

"As well as I can, I guess. Alby took me to carve my name in the wall this morning, told me a little more about the Glade."

"Hope you get used to it," Newt said. "Not sure how much longer we'll be here, but for the time being, it's home."

Ivy and Chuck nodded in agreement. The four chatted away during breakfast, though their conversation was mainly about the Glade.

"Can I ask a quick question?" Thomas said.

"Thought you just did," Newt replied with a slight smirk.

"Go ahead, Thomas," Ivy said after she whacked Newt's arm.

"Yesterday, Alby was explaining the rules to me and said that no Glader is allowed to touch you. Why is that?"

"A few of the guys around here have tried to be too friendly," the girl replied. "Let's just say they've had to visit the Med-Jacks because of it."

"So, if that's the case, then what's the deal with Minho?"

Chuck laughed at the question, causing Thomas to become confused.

"He's a special case," Ivy said.

"And by special case, she means that they're together," Newt added. Thomas's eyes widened a bit as he looked at Ivy. "Believe me, Greenie, it was a shock to all of us, too. Though now I will admit it is an entertaining story."

~flashback~

"Anyone who tries and touch Ivy without her consent is getting thrown in the Pit for a night. Shanks need to learn to keep their hands to themselves and respect her space."

Ivy chuckled at Alby's protectiveness. He had called a Gathering after the newest Greenie had tried to flirt with Ivy. He apparently had gotten too close to her and it resulted with an elbow to the gut. The other Keepers agreed; mainly because no one wanted another injured Glader who had chosen to listen to their hormones.

Ivy glanced at Minho, who had just draped his arm over her shoulders. She raised an eyebrow at him in question but he just smiled a little, keeping his focus on Alby.

"Minho, what are you doing?" Zart asked, causing everyone to look at the two.

"Did you not hear what we just discussed?" Gally questioned in irritation.

"I heard and I'm all for it," Minho replied.

"Then why the shuck are you doing exactly the opposite?"

"Am I not allowed to put my arm around my girl?"

The boys stared at the two. Ivy shyly tucked a lock of hair behind her ear.

"Wait," Newt said, "since when are you two together?"

"A few months. Since that night Jackson got insanely drunk and tried to kiss her."

"And you kept it a secret from us?"

"Surprise?" Ivy said with a small smile.

~end flashback~

"So you kept your relationship with Minho a secret?" Thomas asked.

"For months!" Chuck laughed. "And they never knew!"