Chapter 46

(A/N: I apologize for how much these next few chapters jump around! There is a lot of ground to cover since I wanted to feature most of the characters I have.)

"Report from Eliza," Wolf said. "She thinks she's found something. She's trying everything she can right now. Hopefully we have something soon. I've informed her of our plan so she knows where to meet us. Is everyone clear on what we need to do?" He looked at the group around him.

"We get in quick and grab Teresa," Gally said. "She'll be leaving the tower in the next two hours so we need to be ready to make our move."

"We grab her, get what we need, and get moving," Graham added.

"Erin, James, and I will get the supplies we will need," Ivy said, arms crossed over her chest. "We'll be in and out before they notice."

"We get one shot," Isaac reminded them. "We either succeed at this or we all die. A lot is riding on us succeeding."

"So let's not screw this up," Thomas said, nodding.

"Let's get moving," Nicole said.

~

"Test number twelve, ready to go," Eliza said, dropping the chemical mixture onto the blood sample and slipping the glass slide under the microscope.

"Viewing results now," Torri replied, looking at the small screen in front of her, giving her a view of what the microscope was showing. Eliza huddled in close to see the results.

The two watched as the serum mixed with the blood. After a few seconds, the infected blood started to react. The disease started to die, only to flare up again, a little worse than before.

"Sh*t," Torri muttered. She grabbed the slide and poured the results into a small dish so she could burn it. "Prep test thirteen."

~

Teresa hurried as fast as she could through the crowds of people. She had thought she caught a glimpse of Thomas in the crowd and needed to know if she was right. The further along she followed the figure in the hoodie, the more sure she was. She chased him through the street before entering a nearby building, calling his name. She ended up in an empty hallway with no sign of the boy she was after. She looked around in disappointment, faintly wondering if she was just losing her mind or seeing things, when she sensed someone behind her. She slowly turned around and came face to face with Thomas.

"Thomas," she said in slight disbelief.

"Hey, Teresa," he replied, his voice soft.

"You shouldn't be here. If Janson finds out you're here-"

"I'm not staying." He slowly walked toward her. "It's just, uh, I had to see you. I have to ask you something. Do you regret it? What you did to us?"

"Sometimes," Teresa replied. "But I did what I thought was right. I'd do it again."

"Good."

He gave a slight nod to someone in the shadows. Before Teresa could turn around, a bag was placed over her head.

~

"All right, we need three suits," Ivy muttered to Erin and James. The three were hiding behind a small wall, watching a small group of guards. Luckily, there were three in total, roughly around the heights and builds of Thomas, Newt, and Gally. "You two good with the plan?"

"If Erin is," James responded, looking at her.

"Just make this quick," she said.

Ivy nodded and ducked away. James grabbed Erin's arm in a way that appeared rough but harmed her in no way. Erin let out a cry, gaining the guard's attention. They quickly approached, calling out to the two.