Chapter 45

"No. There's got to be another way in."

Ivy groaned, running her hands through her hair at Thomas's words. The group had spent the last two hours going over possible plans, and the only good one they had come up with was that they use Teresa to sneak a few of them inside while Erin and Ivy get in like they normally did. Thomas, however, apparently thought that the plan wasn't good enough, even with all of the maps on the large table before them.

"Like what?" Wolf said with a slight growl, crossing his arms.

"You've seen the building," Gally added. "She's our only way in."

"You really think she's gonna help us?" Thomas retorted.

"I don't plan on asking for her permission."

"Am I missing something here?" Brenda said. "This is the same girl who betrayed us, correct? Same dick?"

"I like her," Gally and Ivy said at the same time.

"What's going on?" Brenda asked Thomas, her voice softening ever so slightly.

"What, are you afraid your little girlfriend's gonna get hurt?" Newt suddenly questioned, looking up at Thomas. Ivy glanced at him from her seat beside him. "Because this has obviously never been just about rescuing Minho. Has it?"

"Wait, what are you talking about?" Thomas said, looking at Newt in confusion.

"Teresa. She's the only reason that Minho's even missing in the first place. Now we finally have an opportunity to get him back." As he spoke, Newt's voice rose in volume. He was almost face to face with Thomas, who was slowly backing up. "And what? You don't want to because of her? Because deep down inside you still care about her, don't you? Just admit it." By now, Thomas was almost entirely to the wall and Newt was still in his face.

"Newt, I-"

"Don't lie to me!" Ivy jumped when her brother suddenly shouted, grabbing onto the front of Thomas's shirt to push him against the wall. With a quick glance at the others, she could tell that they were shocked as well. "Don't lie to me!" Ivy watched as Newt's shoulders suddenly dropped and he took a small step back. He murmured something to Thomas before looking back at everyone else. "I'm sorry."

The blond slowly started to walk away.

"Newt?" Ivy called.

He glanced back at her, and she noticed that he was trying to hide his pain.

"I'm sorry," he said again before walking out of the room.

Ivy went to stand and follow him, but her arm was grabbed. She turned to find that Nicole was the one holding her back.

"Let me go," Ivy said.

"Ivy, he needs a few minutes," she replied.

"He's my brother. I need to see him."

"Maybe that's exactly why you don't need to see him. You two haven't seen each other in months; he's been with Thomas and the others that entire time. I know you two are close, but I think right now he needs some space, or someone else to talk to."

"Someone other than his twin?" Ivy was starting to get irritated.

"Ivy." She turned to look at Thomas, whose eyes were soft and showed worry for his friend. "Let me talk to him. I'll see if I can figure out what is going on and if he wants, I'll come and get you. But Nicole is right, he needs space. I promise I'll come and get you after, okay?"

Ivy took a deep breath but nodded. Thomas tried to give her a reassuring smile and left the room to talk to Newt. Ivy sighed, running her hand through her short hair. Nicole let go of Ivy's arm so she could wrap her own arms around her friend. Ivy returned Nicole's hug, burying her face in Nicole's white hair.