The Mysterious Boy

A/N

Hello everyone! This was originally going to be a one-shot, but I'm making it a chapter fic. I hope y'all enjoy it!

-------------------------------

Jungkook had a long day at work, talking to customers that he wished to never set foot in the store again. He only had 5 minutes left of his shift until he could grab some dinner and hurry home.

He had a big night ahead of him, excited to see one special person in particular. Just as he looked at the clock, another guest walked up to him. She had long blonde hair, swaying her hips as she approached Jungkook. From her looks, she appeared to be about Jungkook's age.

"Hi! Do you work here?"

Jungkook tried to hide the sigh that escaped his mouth, smiling kindly while taking one last glance at the clock. Three minutes left.

"Yes. Can I help you find something?"

"Actually, my friend over there wanted to know if they could get your number."

Jungkook had gotten this question way too many times. After looking at the "friend" the girl pointed to, it was obvious she wasn't interested. This number was for herself. Jungkook took a deep breath before smiling.

"Sorry. I can't give my number out when I'm at work."

One minute left.

"Well, when do you get out?"

This girl was being pushy, a huge turnoff for him. He looked at the clock, seeing that it was officially the end of his shift.

"Now, actually. But before you ask, I'm not interested in her. Sorry."

Jungkook quickly turned towards the back room for employees only. He could tell the girl was annoyed, but she turned away and went out the door. He met a couple other employees in the back, waiting to get on the computer to clock out. There was someone in front of him, so he began bouncing in place slightly while he waited.

"Got plans or something?"

Jungkook was scared by his manager's voice. With his hand over his heart, he took a couple deep breaths before replying.

"Jeez! Don't scare me like that! And my only plans are to go home and play VR games."

"Ugh kids these days. I understand that VR games are the new, hot thing to play, but you all need some sun."

Jungkook's manager was about fifty years old, having grown up with gameboys and Nintendo DS devices. While they understood virtual reality, they never saw it getting this popular. Most people in Jungkook's generation would rather live in virtual reality than in real life.

"Yes, Karen. I'll get more sun tomorrow, but I promised someone I'd meet them in the game today."

"Of course, of course." The computer became free, so Jungkook stepped up, filling in the right information. "Have fun!"

"Thanks! I will!"

Jungkook ran out of the store, quickly finding his car. He slid into the driver's seat, turning the keys into the engine. After gripping the steering wheel, he began forming his plan for the night.

Alright. I'll stop by the Korean barbecue place for takeout and eat when I get home. Then I should have about three hours to see them. Perfect!