Game Announcement

"I can't believe this guy! Like, honestly, he ruins the entire game for me. No matter when I play it, he's there. It's so annoying, and the game developers haven't updated anybody on why he's like this. For all we know, he hasn't warmed up to anyone, let alone told them his name."

Jungkook was currently listening to one of Taehyung's rants about the murderous boy, Jimin. Even though Jungkook knew Taehyung was mad at the situation, he couldn't help but giggle as Taehyung's hands flew in the air while he talked, as if his anger for Jimin is what animated him. Jungkook took another bite of his lunch before looking back towards Taehyung.

"Do you think he has the potential to not kill people? I mean, I wonder what it takes for him to not kill you?"

Jungkook had always wondered what Jimin saw in him, not having been killed by him once since he started the game. Was it his looks? His personality? The questions he answered in the beginning? Or was it just everything all mixed together? Before Jungkook could dwell for too long, Taehyung took another quick bite of his food before answering.

"I honestly doubt it. Millions of people play this game, and as far as we know, the guy hasn't told his name to anyone. It's either a bug in the game or the developers are playing a trick on us. Either way, I would just like to have one session where I can talk to Jin and Hoseok in peace without this guy coming out of nowhere."

Taehyung took another bite of his lunch, the anger he's feeling causing him to eat his food angrily as well. Jungkook laughed at the other boy's demeanor. If Taehyung wasn't careful, the minimal amount of blush rushing to his cheeks would become noticeable. He had always loved hearing Jungkook's laugh, only wanting to make the younger happy.

"Who's your favorite character? Because it's obviously not that guy."

They both snickered, Jungkook awaiting Taehyung's response. Even though he loved hearing Taehyung's rants, he knew he had to be careful. One false move, and he could reveal Jimin's name by accident. He didn't like lying to his friend, but he knew it was for the best.

"Hmmm ..." Taehyung put his right hand to his chin, lifting it as his eyes looked towards the ceiling, "I'd have to say Hoseok. I mean, yeah he's happy all the time and can be a bit noisy, but I really feed off of his energy. He just gets me pumped up about everything."

Taehyung put his one arm into the air while holding a french fry, causing Jungkook to burst into a fit of laughter. Taehyung could feel his ears getting red from the slight embarrassment, looking around to see if anyone else in the restaurant noticed. Even so, he sighed and smiled fondly after seeing Jungkook almost in tears.

"You always have a way of making me laugh." Jungkook wiped the remaining wetness out of his eyes.

"I don't think that's a bad thing."

Taehyung smiled as Jungkook finished up the last of his lunch, Taehyung just having finished moments earlier. Jungkook rubbed his stomach for a couple seconds, feeling full from the large amount of food he just consumed. After they both paid, they left the restaurant to move back to Taehyung's car.

"You don't have to take me home, Tae. I know it's out of the way for you, and it's not a far walk."

"I said I'd drop you off, and that's final."

Taehyung stuck his tongue out slightly before opening the driver's door and getting into the car. Jungkook rolled his eyes before opening the passenger side door and getting in the car as well. He sank into the seat as Taehyung started the car and began the drive to Jungkook's house.

"Who's your favorite character in the game? You never told me?" Taehyung took small glances at Jungkook, keeping his main focus on the road.

"Oh, that's easy! It's ..."