Returning Player: Namjoon

"Well, that went well. It was nice to see him again after a couple weeks. I have a feeling he's always embarrassed when I visit, since I'm always breaking everything in site. I even broke the pen today when signing my name on the visitor sheet."

Namjoon chuckled at himself, opening the door on the driver's side of his car. After closing the door after him, he rummages through his jacket pockets, looking for his keys. Every time he visited Yoongi in the psychiatric ward of the hospital, they would check all of his belongings before entering, causing his keys to sometimes get misplaced in the process. After another minute of turning his jacket inside out, he heard the sound of his keys, quickly grabbing them and starting the car.

"Maybe I should visit him more often. He did mention his therapist making him play a game. I wonder what game it is?"

Before Namjoon could back out of his parking lot, his elbow hit the drink in the cup holder to his right, causing the lid to come off and the drink to spill everywhere. He sighed, expecting nothing less from his unknown destructive behavior. Before Yoongi was placed in the hospital, he always told Namjoon how dangerous he was to society.

"Of course this would happen now."

Namjoon put his car back in park, opening his glove box to find his hoard of napkins and loose paper towels. He never went anywhere without being sure it was full. After taking some time to clean up the mess to the best of his ability, he set back out for his house. Since he had visited Yoongi at least once or twice a month since his admission, the drive started becoming monotonous, allowing his thoughts to wander as he drove.

I wonder if his therapist asked him to play Mikrokosmos? It would be a great game for him, and I bet some of the characters would befriend him ... at least at some point. Yoongi has a lot of barriers up, but inside I think he's soft and vulnerable. Maybe the game can help him break some of those walls down. Speaking of  Mikrokosmos, I haven't spoken to JK97 in awhile. I think that last thing he said to me was "Pardon."

Namjoon smiled at the thought, reminding himself to message the man later. He'd met JK97 on other online games before, but when he started playing Mikrokosmos, he saw JK97 posting on forums about the character that seemed to murder everyone. Saying Namjoon was scared of the unknown was an understatement. It was as if the character was made just to cause him anxiety and make him look over his shoulder every second.

Just the thought of the murderous character sent a shiver down his spine as he made a right turn onto the street where his house was. After driving the car into his driveway, he turned the key, causing the car to become silent. However, he stayed in his seat, wondering why the game creator had made a character that's main purpose was to chase you and kill you. Other than that character, Mikrokosmos was a peaceful game that was fun to play.

Speaking of Mikrokosmos, he remembered that he told one of the characters he would visit soon. But since he only got to play an hour and a half every day, he had been prioritizing other games.

I should visit him tonight. It's been awhile since I've seen him. I wonder how he's doing. Joon ... he's a video game character. Of course he's doing fine. He's programmed. But ... why does it feel so real then?

At this point, Namjoon had gotten out of his car, opening his front door as he entered the house. Namjoon did a lot of his work from home on his computer. He'd been helping with music production on the side, but his main job involved helping with the lyric side of things. After turning on the light in the living room, he was met with his computer open on the table with notebooks and loose papers covering every inch of the room, couch and floor included. Namjoon sighed before moving to clean up and organize all of the papers.