Broken

A/N

Hey everyone! I'm back!! I'm finally done with finals, so I'm hoping I'll get to write for a bit before I have to head back. I hope you enjoy the chapter!

--------------------------------------

It was almost as if he was avoiding the game Mikrokosmos as if it were the plague. Namjoon was always nervous when playing the game, especially when the game led him towards a certain someone. His online friend, JK97, was usually the one encouraging him to talk to Jin. Namjoon had always felt more comfortable talking to the online friend than the friends he had outside of the virtual world.

He had visited Yoongi a couple days earlier, excited to hear the news that he may be leaving soon. Yoongi had talked for hours about Mikrokosmos, much to Namjoon's surprise. Even so, Namjoon was glad to see the boy genuinely smile again. However, Yoongi only really talked about one character in particular, making Namjoon wonder if something more was developing in Yoongi's relationship with the character Hoseok. Namjoon was never one to ask such personal question, or more likely, he didn't want the question flipped onto him.

Namjoon had a long day of work, quickly making his way home. After two attempts of trying to open his apartment's door while dropping his keys at least three times, he finally got the door open. He took his shoes off, placing his keys by the entrance as usual in hopes that he could find them the next time he had to leave the house. After an hour of relaxing and almost burning the place down while making dinner, he decided to quit while he was ahead and order takeout. His food arrived while he was cleaning the mess up in the kitchen, quickly grabbing it and chowing down.

While he was eating, he looked over to his living room. He had all of his games placed neatly on a bookshelf in the living room by his console. It was as if the game console was staring at him. To make things worse, the game Mikrokosmos was the only game that had fallen out of the bookcase, as if fate was calling for him to play the game that minute.

Namjoon ate the last of his dinner before walking slowly towards the console. He sighed at the out-of-place game, picking it up slowly while looking at it.

"It's as if this game is taunting me. I bet Jin is making all this happen."

He chuckled to himself, knowing that Jin had no power in the outside world. Even so, a small part of him had hoped that the other wanted to see him as much as he wanted to see the other. The last time he had played, he had run out of time right before they were about to kiss.

Namjoon blushed at the memory, not sure if he could handle another moment like that. After another second of thought, his face fell as he carried the game with him before sitting on the couch.

"He must hate me. It's been so long since I've played the game, I don't even know if he'd recognize me. Even so ..."

Namjoon sighed as he got off the couch, opening the game as he inserted it into the console. He grabbed the headset as he slowly pushed any miscellaneous furniture out of his way. Yoongi had given Namjoon the nickname "God of Destruction," and while Namjoon originally hated the name, he couldn't argue that it fit. And the last thing he wanted to do was smash another lamp, already having gone through three in the past two months.

Once satisfied, Namjoon put the headset on fully, taking a deep breath before starting the game. Within seconds he was moving through pink clouds, closing his eyes in preparation for where the game would place him.

------------------------------------------