Healing

A/N

Hey everyone! I'm back! It's been a little longer than I would have liked but I've had to start wearing a wrist brace, so writing on my computer has been a little more painful than usual haha. But I'm still chugging. I hope you all like the chapter! =^_^=

--------------------------------------

It was a Friday and a rare day that Jungkook had off from work. He had fallen asleep shortly after playing Mikrokosmos the night before, missing dinner entirely. He was woken up by the rumbling of his stomach rather than his alarm, squirming around his blankets as if that would allow him a couple more minutes of rest. After a large yawn, he sat up in his bed, his hair a testament to how much he must have been moving around in his sleep.

He found his phone, noticing that it was already close to 11AM. He also noticed a couple text messages from Taehyung but decided to throw his phone back on his blankets as he ran his hands over his face in an attempt to wake up more.

I couldn't even sleep last night. Every dream I had turned into some type of nightmare. And they all involved Jimin. Ugh, why is my head messing with me?

Jungkook hit his head a couple times before sighing. Swinging his legs over the bed, he abandoned his phone in favor of brushing his teeth. He began moving through the motions without much thought, quickly remembering the events of the end of the game from the night before.

"Right, Hoseok gave me some advice about Jimin. Something about not needing to protect him? But Hoseok doesn't get it! Or ... am I just being stubborn?"

Jungkook finished his morning routine, moving back to his room where he saw his phone light up from a notification. He laid back into bed, not having any intention of getting up soon. He pulled his phone into his view, most of the notifications from Taehyung. He quickly pulled them up.

From Tae:

Jungkook, are you up yet?

Ok, I'm assuming not. Want to go on a trip with me?

Sorry it's last minute, but I thought I remembered you mentioning that you have your day off today.

Or do you work tomorrow?

Jungkook?

It's already 10:30, and you're not up yet?

I guess not haha but just let me know if you want to join!

Jungkook read all the texts, smiling slightly. He quickly looked at his work schedule, seeing that he didn't work tomorrow either since he typically didn't work many weekends. Just as he was about to text Taehyung back, he looked towards his bedroom door that led to the rest of the house.

"If I go on this trip, I won't be able to play Mikrokosmos today. I haven't missed a day since the last time Tae and I took a trip. But ... maybe it's okay this time. It'll give Jimin and I some space, and a trip with Tae is always fun."

Even though his heart ached slightly at knowing he wouldn't be playing the game tonight, he quickly texted Taehyung back before he could change his mind.