Trip: Day 1

A/N

Hello everyone! Sorry it's been awhile since the last update! My wrist has been feeling a lot better, so I tried writing this chapter a bit faster than usual. Hope y'all enjoy the chapter =^_^=

-----------------------------

Taehyung finally pulled into a parking space at the campground. There were a couple other people milling around the site and setting up their equipment, but Jungkook knew that they were staying in a cabin in the woods, the one they always stayed in when they were younger. Taehyung took the keys out of the ignition as he popped his trunk.

"Ready?"

"Yeah."

They both got out of the car, grabbing everything out of the car in one go. Even though they'd never admit it, they were both the type of people to refuse taking a second trip unless absolutely necessary. Their arms were full to the brim, almost to the point of toppling themselves over, but they both laughed as they reached the cabin, dropping everything onto the floor.

"Man, that walk is only like five minutes, but I always forget how long it is when trying to carry everything in one go." Taehyung threw himself onto the bed towards the right of the cabin.

"True, but taking a second trip is for quitters."

They both laughed, Jungkook sitting down on the bed on the left of the cabin, quickly grabbing his bags and organizing his things. It was a small quirk of his, the need to always stay organized. Taehyung chuckled as he watched Jungkook from the side. After a couple more seconds of rest, Taehyung sat up and began doing the same thing.

"You really have a thing about staying organized. It's like you inherited it from your mom."

"I probably did. At least I'm not as messy as you."

Jungkook playfully threw one of his shirts at Taehyung, hitting him square in the face. Taehyung was slightly shocked but smiled and chuckled before pushing himself off the bed. He began rolling his sleeves up as he approached Jungkook's bed.

"Oh, that's it. Let's settle this like men."

Taehyung quickly pounced on Jungkook, tickling his stomach and sides. It was something they did as kids that never left Taehyung's playful nature. So, here they were, both in the beginning of their twenties, having a tickling match with each other in the cabin filled with so many childhood memories.

At this point, Taehyung was definitely winning. Jungkook had been nonstop laughing for the past couple minutes, slowly running out of oxygen from all the pure joy he was feeling. Jungkook had shifted his body to the right to try and get away from Taehyung's grip, causing Taehyung to slide forward unexpectedly.

Before they knew it, their faces were only inches apart. Jungkook was still laughing from the aftermath of the tickling match, but Taehyung had now realized how close their faces were, his cheeks quickly flushing pink. Jungkook's laughs were slowly subsiding, his face now turned directly towards Taehyung.

Is this the moment? Do I lean in? Do I kiss him? Should I make a move now? But ... I never asked how he felt. Crap! He's staring at me. What ... what do I do. Stay calm. Stay calm. Just ... lean in ...

Taehyung started slowly leaning his head forward, watching for any signs from Jungkook. Before he could get very far, Jungkook playfully pushed Taehyung away from him, not even realizing Taehyung's advances. Jungkook moved towards the front of the cabin where they had left their shoes only moments ago.