Memory

A/N

So, it's literally been a month since my last update, and I'M SO SORRY!! School really picked up for me these past couples weeks, so I had very little writing time. Anyways, I decided to fill this chapter with Sope fluff, so I hope you enjoy.

-----------------------------------

"So, based on the last couple weeks, I'd say playing the game has been good for you. Do you agree?"

Yoongi was back in his therapist's office, the sterile environment usually a turn-off for the man. However, he does have to admit that playing the game has brought him a lot of joy, especially when he gets to meet up with Hoseok. Yeah, Jin is pretty cool, and he hasn't seen that guy that keeps trying to kill him in a couple days now. But it's almost as if the game wants Yoongi to see Hoseok, teleporting him near the man almost every time he logs on.

The therapist could see Yoongi's mind wandering off after not getting a response, usually a sign that he was ignoring them. However, something was different. They could sense something about his aura had changed. Was he ... happier? Better? Before they could dwell on it too long, he spoke up.

"Well, I'd say you probably don't need that game anymore. You can drop it off in my office sometime this week, since it seems you've improved. No need to force you to play it anymore."

Yoongi's head whipped back towards his therapist, his attention fully set towards them as an unsettled expression filled his face. He stiffened, the thought of having to leave the game behind causing him anxiety. His therapist was grabbing a clipboard, writing something on Yoongi's chart before looking up. When she saw Yoongi's expression, one of her eyebrows raised in curiosity.

"Yoongi, what's wrong?" They looked concerned for the man in front of them, not wanting to cause the man to take any steps back.

"It's ... it's just ..."

"Yes?" They were patient, leaning back in their chair as they waited for the man to speak up.

"Can I keep the game? Please?"

His therapist gave him an inquisitive look, not sure where this was coming from. When they first suggested for Yoongi to play Mikrokosmos, he seemed to detest the idea of it. Now, he was asking to keep it? Did something happen in the game? Does he feel needed again? Loved? Did he meet someone he cares about? A million things were running through his therapist's head. Meanwhile, Yoongi sat awkwardly in his chair, feeling his therapist's eyes on him.

"Well, after seeing the improvement you've made these past couple weeks, I had written a recommendation for you to leave this program."

Yoongi looked shocked. He had been cooped up in this mental institution for so long that he doesn't remember what the outside world looks like. He pondered if he really progressed this much without recognizing it, realizing in this moment how much happier he's been for the past couple weeks. It was only about time before he would finally be sent home. Even so, he felt conflicted, as if he was leaving something behind.

"You're ... you're letting me go?"

"Well, it still needs approval, but based on your progress, yes. I think it's time for you to spread your wings and leave this place as well as your shadows."

"Okay, okay, no need to go all 'therapist' on me now."

They both chuckled as Yoongi relaxed back into his seat. He couldn't remember the last time he laughed in the real world. Even in Mikrokosmos, it was almost as if Hoseok was the only one that could emit any kind of laughter from him. After a couple seconds, Yoongi looked his therapist in the eyes, something even his therapist was shocked by.