Misunderstanding

"Ugh, this is so frustrating."

Namjoon brushed his right hand through his hair as he entered his house, locking the door behind him as he placed his house keys on a table by the door. He always placed them there in fear of losing them. After looking in the fridge and not being satisfied with any of his options, he decided he'd order in some food later. He knew that him trying to cook in this state would probably lead to him poisoning himself.

Namjoon had spent the past five days spending all of his VR time playing Mikrokosmos. After the incident of almost kissing Jin, he kept trying to find the man in-game. However, it was almost as if he was avoiding him. When he went to Jin's house, he was nowhere to be seen. He even visited the man's favorite spots to try and find him but to no avail. He could only imagine how Jin felt, being inches from kissing Namjoon when he just up and disappeared. Namjoon sighed once again as he looked towards his TV.

"Is it even worth it this time? It's like I'll never see him again."

Namjoon continued to get more and more upset, the man always swayed by his emotions. He decided to order food after playing the game, wanting something to look forward to when his search went unfulfilled once again. He walked over to the console, turning it on and grabbing the headset.

"Here goes nothing."

-------------------------------------------

Namjoon had landed at his house in the game. It had been such a long time since the game started him off here, almost forgetting how his house was designed. It was simple, most of the walls painted a light gray or beige color. The furniture was also mostly monotone with the occasional navy-blue piece of furniture.

"Why would the game start me off here? This place is nowhere near where Jin normally is. Ugh, now I'm going to spend most of my time trying to run to all of his favorite place."

Namjoon put a hand on his hip, leaning to one side as his body language screamed anger and frustration. He decided to move to the front door, his pace slower than usual as if he'd already given up. After reaching for the door handle, the game suddenly gave him a choice.

1) Go outside and explore the town! Who knows what you'll find.

2) Turn around and head upstairs. There may be a surprise waiting for you!

Namjoon was about to hit the first option, not wanting to waste one more moment. However, he paused with his finger hovering over the first option, something stopping him from making the final decision.

Could it really hurt to look upstairs? Maybe the surprise is worthwhile. I mean, I'd be wasting time in finding Jin, but let's face it, I'm not finding him at this rate anyway.

Namjoon switched to the second option, the front door graying out slightly, showing that it was now off limits for the time being. When he turned around, he saw a soft glow on the stairs, showing that they were now accessible. Namjoon sighed again, tired out from the feeling of disappointment.

He slowly moved up the stairs, no longer having the motivation to move quickly. He wasn't even sure the surprise would be anything good, only hoping that it would be something he relatively liked. When he got to the top of the stairs, he was waiting for the game to give him another choice, as it usually did. However, nothing happened.