Chapter 1

Oh, come on, Midnight, you'll love it here!" says a Gardevoir, encouragingly. "There are lots of Pokemon here your age, and you can maybe make some friends?"

My mom and I just moved to an area called Moonlight Village. I think I remember they call it that because even when the sun is out, the thick clouds, and apparently some magic, cause the sun's rays to make a silver light, making it feel like it's always evening time.

My name is Midnight, and I'm a Zorua. I enjoy training myself in battles(I'm pretty strong for a little Zorua), and I just don't get along with others very well. Which leads up to the same topic conversation...

"That's just the thing, Mom, I just can't make any friends," I complain. "I have nothing in common with other Pokemon."

"That's no reason why you can't get along with others," my mom sighs, picking me up in her arms. "You just have to accept your differences. We all aren't the same."

Sometimes, my mom could have a pretty good point about certain things. Her being a Gardevoir is a prime example. But, it doesn't mean I would actually follow it. I have a specifically good reason why I'm the way I am. Before I could complain anymore about differences, someone knocked on the door of our new cabin.

It was a Sylveon, a fairy-type Pokemon, and she was carrying a plate of delicious-looking macaroons and Pokepuffs, with those strange ribbon-like feelers all Sylveon have. I've admired the way a Sylveon could use those, especially in a battle.

"Hello! I've heard that you've just moved in!" she said, happily. "It'll be nice to have new wonderful Pokemon to talk to."

"Thank you very much," my mom said, eagerly accepting the plate of sweets. "It'll be nice to live in such a beautiful area, with such friendly neighbors."

By the way, I bet you have the biggest question on your mind right now. How the heck do I have a Gardevoir as a mom? Well, duh, I'm adopted. I have no idea what happened to my real Mom; can't really be sad about it though. I never even knew her or what she was like.

I then noticed the Sylveon taking a wide-eyed look at me. The fur on my back bristled up a bit.

"Who's this cute, little one?" she mooned.

"This is my son, Midnight," my mom answered. "Sorry, if he's not very talkative," she says glaring at me a little bit. I just smiled.

"Oh, it's fine!" the Sylveon said, hurriedly. "Actually, I have a daughter that's probably his age, by the looks of him. Why don't I bring her over and let them get to know each other?"

"That's a wonderful idea," my mom replied, joyfully, despite me shaking my head, profusely.

"Okay, then!" I'll go and get her," the Sylveon shouts over her shoulder, skipping away.

"Moooomm, why did you do that?" I whined. "I told you, I just don't get along with others."

"Do you really want to have this conversation, again?" my mom asks, glaring even more.

There she is again with the good points. "No," I sighed. "I just... don't want anymore Pokemon to hate me, before they get to know me."

"Oh, Midnight," my mom sighed, hugging me tightly. "No one should have a reason to hate you. You'll be just fine." I wanted to believe she was right, but I still couldn't help but doubt.