Chapter 6

Thank you guys so much for bearing with me despite the really short chapters. I'm gonna do my very best to make it more interesting from now on. And some longer chapters too lol. Plz enjoy, and thanks for the support!

"Midnight! Wake up! It's time for you to get ready for your first day at your new school!" my Mom called, cheerfully.
"Uugh.. Alright, I'm up," I called back, groggily, and not so cheerfully. I didn't want to get out of bed at ALL. Because it felt like it was still nighttime. And then, I remembered where I was living now.
"This is some Bouffalant..," I growled to myself.

After drinking some Awakening, and Fresh Water to hydrate, I headed to our kitchen to get some breakfast. My Mom was waiting for me, with my small backpack in hand.
"So, honey, are you ready for your first day?" she said, enthusiastically.
"I guess so. I don't know. Maybe if I got some better sleep," I said, munching on some Pokebeans and biscuits.
"Now, Midnight. Just, please... Don't get kicked out again for another one of your little fights. You know that's happened ONE too many times," she said, worriedly, as she's also surely remembering the "incident" that was a valid reason for us to move.
"Well, I can't make any promises, Mom, but I'll try," I muffled, munching some more. I was crazy hungry for some reason.
"I'm serious, Midnight," she said, sternly. "I really feel like that it could work out for us here. That we can BELONG here. Do you understand?"

It was hard for me to stay "positive" when my Mom got serious like this. But, it was all the more reason for me to believe in her. I mean, she IS my Mom. Despite what some others may say...
"I understand, Mom. I promise I won't," I answered.
"Okay then. I sure hope so," she said, and hugged me tightly. "Well, I think it's time you got going! I love you, Nighty," she said, kissing me on the cheek.
"Love you too, Mom," I said, embarrassed. I slung my backpack on and headed out the door. I spotted a few other Pokemon walking with bags. So, I decided to just follow them, knowing they were heading to the same destination as I was.
No way in the Distortion World was I gonna talk to them, though.
Suddenly, I heard someone shout, "Midnight!" I turned around, and saw Star trotting over to me. I was surprised to realize I was actually happy to see her.
"Hey, so are you ready for our first day of school?" she asked, curiously.
"Yeah. I can't wait to finally learn my numbers and colors," I answered, smirking.
"You know what I mean!" Star replied, playfully hitting me with her paw, pouting.
"Not really. I didn't want to get out of bed, because it felt like it was still nighttime. But, then I remembered, you know..," I explained, still kind of tired.
"Oh, sorry to hear that. But, don't worry, you'll get used to it!" she encouraged. Though, she then had to help me stand up because I was starting to fall over.
"I don't think I'll ever get used to it..," I muttered.
"Hehe!" Star giggled. "You're so funny, Midnight. Now, come on, let's go!" she said, skipping away.
Trying to hide my blush again, I followed her.