Chapter 2

Eventually, the Sylveon came back, and she did have someone with her, who I guess was her daughter, who I supposedly was going to make friends with.

I wasn't surprised to see that her daughter was an Eevee, but what did surprise me was her fur color. Instead of the usual brown colored fur Eevee usually have, she had shining grayish fur. It was strange, but, weirdly attractive.

"Honey, why don't you show Midnight around?" the Sylveon had said, my mom agreeing yet again with her. So, here I was walking along with this Eevee through the village, and I felt like digging myself a hole and staying there.

"Wow, Midnight, so you're a Zorua? I've never seen one in person before," she said, sniffing me. If she wasn't, what I said last time, "weirdly attractive," I probably would've bitten her. "My name's Star, by the way," she said, stepping back, smiling.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's wrong with your fur?" I blurted out. And yes, I know it sounds bad, but it was a very reasonable question at the time.

"Wait, what do you mean?" she exclaimed. lowering her ears.

"W-well, your fur color is different from all other Eevee...," I mumbled.

"Oh! I know what you mean," she replied, lightening up, instead of trying to tear my ear off. "It's this kind of, "genetic malfunction," which affected the color of my fur. Its happened to a small amount of Pokemon in the world, and they refer to us as 'shiny Pokemon.'"

"Oh, okay," I said, straightening up a little. For some reason, I always found it fascinating to learn something new about our kind. But, this was weird. I was actually having a FULL-ON conversation with another Pokemon other than my Mom.

So, yeah, things between Star and I were actually going just fine. And, I honestly didn't feel like anything was gonna go wro-

"BAM!" All of a sudden, I was knocked to the ground.

"Watch where you're going, loser!" someone shouted, getting away before I could get good glimpse at them, and then possibly tear their face out.

"Oh my gosh, Midnight, are you all right?" Star cried.

"Nah, I'm fine. My FACE broke my fall," I growled. I knew I shouldn't take it out on her, but I was just really ticked off.
SUPER ticked off..

"All right, let's go find those jerks," I declared, pounding my paw into the ground.

"Wait, I don't think that's a good idea," Star exclaimed, grooming her tail nervously. "We shouldn't try to cause any trouble. Plus, if we had to, I don't even know how to battle."

"You'll never know until you try. Maybe that so called 'genetic malfunction' gave you some pretty good moves, too."

"I doubt that," she said, but still couldn't help but smile.

"Did you happen to see who the Pokemon were?" I asked.

"I think it was a, what's it called, a Golbat?" she tried to remember. "And, someone else I don't know."

"Already fine with me," I growled. "I HATE Golbat."